Is it an ignorant thing to think that a 20 year old girl wants to be in a relationship with a 32 year old man?

Honestly guys do you think its naive? Since the man is probably a lot more experienced in life and sooner or later will want a family eventuelly. And the 20 year old girl just started living life and is not that ahead in life in terms of life experience and maturity. Should I look for someone near My age instead? Thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a pretty bad idea, until you, at the very least, have a steady career figured out. If for no other reason than that a 30yr old man who is dating that young is either just horsing around (and doesn't take the relationship seriously) or if he does take her seriously, he probably doesn't have his shit together well enough to date closer to his age.. I know a girl who is 24, and she's dating a 34 year old man. She's in college right now, she's about to graduate, and she's a fairly pretty girl. While she is in college, she's not been able to ever date better than this 30 year old bum who lives with his parents. His big perk is that he used to be a professional musician and he's travelled a lot so he's fun. They've been together on/off for like 5 years, and they met in a NJ Flophouse while he was a tattoo artist.

Well what do you think is gonna happen once she has a career prospect, and a chance to go somewhere in life? Do you think he is gonna want to let her drag his ass to Whereversville so she can chase her dreams? Maybe. You can bet that he's gonna want to try and hold her down so she'll keep dating him.

Do yourself a favor and keep your relationships equally yoked. If your boytoy grew up watching different cartoons then you did, and it wasn't because premium channels cost more; don't date him till you know more about yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow im out of words!!!
      You're right...
      But the thing is he has shown all the signs that he really likes me.. Introduced me to his friends, asked me if I loved him like twice.. Otherwise i wouldn't even bother trying

• by the way he has his life together

• You're getting lost on the wrong part of this. It isn't about whether or not he has his lofe together, it's about the difference in expectations each of you have for the relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Be careful with them 32 year olds. Lol Had a random experience with one and I’m 22. What would be the odds that it’s the same dude. (He was talking to many girls at the same time some younger than me) Didn’t do anything so woo! He let me down pretty nicely at least. Seemed sooo great too! Oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️ Guess that didn’t help you at all... sorry

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What’s the update?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• You gotta ask him. You may have to reassure him you're not just looking for a sugar daddy. Or, you may need some reassurance that he doesn't only want to be your sugar daddy. You just need to talk it through together. Age difference makes no difference if you like each other and want the same things. If you both are looking for forever & ever with each other, you might want some mutual interests too. But that's for y'all to figure out. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should people under estimate how much an age gap means as a young adult. If you've only been considered an adult for 2 year why would you date someone who's been one for 12. That's a pretty big difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, look for someone closer to your age and maturity. He will not be interested in a lot of the things you are and will hold you back. He will also likely never respect you due to the age difference and will not see you as an equal.

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn the truth really hurts.. I guess you're right. I just Love him and now I think its too late, I highly dislike guys My age.

• I'm sorry it does, I didn't mean for it too, I've just known 2 girls, one a friend and one an ex who have dated much older guys and both regretted it in the end. Keep looking, you'll find a guy whos mature enough without the age gap who will still respect you :)

• I don't know that 10 years is really going to make that much of a difference but you really need to see where you want to be 10, 20 years from now. If you love then fine but if not, take a good look at your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend just turned 21 and I am well over 40. She is quite in love.

She is leapfrogging her classmates in experience and maturity by being with me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Are you a college professor or something>

• Show All
    • But I did have sex with a notable fraction of them.

• A notable fraction huh? Lol You seem like an interesting guy. I'll give you a follow

• Its your call but I always feel that it can look bad and while yes he is experienced that is the last thing to look for. Just try to look for a guy that you love rather than how experienced or ill experienced

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you expect really. He'll probably be able to teach you a lot and a lot of relationships work when the male is older than the other way. And if it doesn't work, you are just starting out experiencing anyway, so I say go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say you have a chance. You are right that you are in different stages of life. But, don't rule it out just because of age. It's possible that life has made you grow up a lot faster than the 32 year old man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you should lol
    Grow together with someone is that much more rewarding the just sitting on his lap and having things done for you

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Plenty of guys would do that.
    I wanted to do that.
    Back in 1999, I was 36 years old and was absolutely smitten at first sight seeing a girl who was lovely quiet innocent and all of 20.5. I so wanted her to be my girlfriend and I would have given her the world because I could back then. But, she had a boyfriend who was worthless. He did nothing while she worked to support them. He was such a selfish immature boy. I waited 6 months for her, but then big drama happened in our mutual group of friends. One day, I realized I was just wasting my time with them (they were all much younger than me the eldest being 7 years younger than me) so I left the group.

I honestly thing her life would have been much better with me and my life would have been better too. God saw fit to move our lives in different directions though. I miss her.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine, but you should expect to have kids within a couple years.

0|0
    0|0
  • No don't look for any, I am there for you baby! Lol😉

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to be a lonely old widow go for it.

0|0
    0|1
  • Most girls your age are just boring, and self obsessed. I've only met one that wasn't but I knew it wouldn't work out.

I'm in a unique situation in a sense. I'm an older guy but I look the same age as a lot of 22 year olds. Best of both worlds haha.

0|0
    0|0
    • Im sorry but thats gross.. Look for someone near your age you could be her father.

• Looks like you answered your own question...

• Well she needs various forms of sugar

0|0
    0|1
  • Relatable. I’m 19, interested in a girl who is 34.

I seriously do admire her and appreciate her.

I know she deserves the best.

She is so Loving, sweet, she is incredible.
    She is precious.😭

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol omg dude Im in the same feelings!!!
      But think if on the reverse way.. They probably think we're silly kids in some way :( like still very Young for them.. They probably want someone near Their age 😕 Thats what im afraid of because I think he is the Love of My life..

• Yea. She perhaps sees me as her son which is beautiful yes and I am protective of her.

She is so sweet. So warm hearted and irreplaceable.

I speak very highly about her because I admire her.

I don’t want her to be played by a guy.
      I’m that protective as a lion.😊
      I can tell other guys intentions.

What Girls Said 4

• Dear Anonymous I don't know what your feelings are for him... you are pretty young too
    .. but for a 32 year old man sex is very important , some opt for young girls only for sex n not to build any relation coz they certainly want someone more matured. And let me tell you they sound totally promising and realistic the trap is not worth ... think hundred times before entering this relation coz it might give you a life long emotional scar... thanks and take care😊

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a life I want but you're a grown adult, do what you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like older women myself and it’s attraction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Things are SO different at 32 and 20. But you don’t have to settle down immediately - go on a few casual dates and go on casual dates with other guys as well.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes