Is it an ignorant thing to think that a 20 year old girl wants to be in a relationship with a 32 year old man?

Honestly guys do you think its naive? Since the man is probably a lot more experienced in life and sooner or later will want a family eventuelly. And the 20 year old girl just started living life and is not that ahead in life in terms of life experience and maturity. Should I look for someone near My age instead? Thanks

517

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a pretty bad idea, until you, at the very least, have a steady career figured out. If for no other reason than that a 30yr old man who is dating that young is either just horsing around (and doesn't take the relationship seriously) or if he does take her seriously, he probably doesn't have his shit together well enough to date closer to his age.. I know a girl who is 24, and she's dating a 34 year old man. She's in college right now, she's about to graduate, and she's a fairly pretty girl. While she is in college, she's not been able to ever date better than this 30 year old bum who lives with his parents. His big perk is that he used to be a professional musician and he's travelled a lot so he's fun. They've been together on/off for like 5 years, and they met in a NJ Flophouse while he was a tattoo artist.

Well what do you think is gonna happen once she has a career prospect, and a chance to go somewhere in life? Do you think he is gonna want to let her drag his ass to Whereversville so she can chase her dreams? Maybe. You can bet that he's gonna want to try and hold her down so she'll keep dating him.

Do yourself a favor and keep your relationships equally yoked. If your boytoy grew up watching different cartoons then you did, and it wasn't because premium channels cost more; don't date him till you know more about yourself.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow im out of words!!!
      You're right...
      But the thing is he has shown all the signs that he really likes me.. Introduced me to his friends, asked me if I loved him like twice.. Otherwise i wouldn't even bother trying

• by the way he has his life together

• You're getting lost on the wrong part of this. It isn't about whether or not he has his lofe together, it's about the difference in expectations each of you have for the relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Be careful with them 32 year olds. Lol Had a random experience with one and I’m 22. What would be the odds that it’s the same dude. (He was talking to many girls at the same time some younger than me) Didn’t do anything so woo! He let me down pretty nicely at least. Seemed sooo great too! Oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️ Guess that didn’t help you at all... sorry

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What’s the update?