Why does my friend think my boyfriend is using me?

Anonymous
She hasn't met him yet because she lives in a different state, but she is convinced I shouldn't trust him.
We have been dating for almost two months, every Friday is our date night, and we spend at least 4 hours if not longer together since we live an hour apart. He has been nothing but kind to me, he has not pressured me into doing anything I'm not ready for as well.
He also makes sure I have everything I need, so he got me a bunch of winter clothes for Christmas. And he is talking long term, like he is somewhat planning on us being together after I graduate undergrad in 2.5 years. He is also really protective over me, and always tells me if someone ever lays a finger on me to tell him so he can "grab his gun".
She keeps saying not to fall for him and trust him because all guys are nice at the beginning. That he is going to hurt me in the end and she doesn't trust him.
My friends that have met him think he is really sweet and truly a gentleman. They trust him and are actually really happy for me.
Why would she try and convince me that he will not ever actually love me and is out to hurt me?
6
0