Guy bailed on me and is giving me mixed signals?

So I met this guy on Tinder like two months ago. He is five mins away for me. We met for the first time last Friday as we've been talking everyday since October. I'm just confused. Here are the signs I thought liked me:
-Compliments me
-Talks to me almost everyday
-Wanted to see me/talk on the phone
He told me last Friday that we were gonna hang out today before he leaves to another state tomorrow. Turns out he's hanging out with my "friend" and she can be fake towards me. It just hurts because he didn't let me know or anything. I should have known he didn't like me because he wanted to bring his friend with him the first time we were gonna meet, plus he even said I was too good/busy (i study a lot) for him. It's just like why give me these signs when you're talking to my friend. We go to the same school (the girl and I).
This hurts.. I just got out of a bad breakup about six months ago, and I thought this guy really liked me. Wow.

01