Why do girls test their boyfriends?

My best friend is dating my brother. We went out to a concert last weekend, we had a great time but then she told my brother that she cheated on him at the concert. Which I know is a lie because I was with her the entire time. I confronted her about it and she told me she does this to every guy she dates to "test" them. To see if they'll still stay with her even after she tells them she cheated. Why is she like this? I've also met other people like this to but what's the point?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your best friend is a horrible fucking person.
    It's a ridiculous thing to do and she should stop.

3|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She's trying to determine if her boyfriend is a spineless doormat that she can walk all over and cheat on, which sounds like her preferable criteria.

1|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• That's weird. That sounds a little mentally unstable. I'd dump her... even if she came back and said "No, I didn't really cheat, I was just testing you"... too late, how am I to know what story to believe and why would I want to be someone who does such awful things.

Did your brother dump her?

0|1
    0|0
  • That is stupid and setting their relationship up for failure. Either way he can't trust her. If he thinks she cheated, then she's a cheater. If he knows she lied about cheating, then she's a liar. Dumb.

1|3
    0|0
    • Its a lose-lose situation, wow never thought I'd find such a case. Yet it's Soo common wow

• That sounds like the worst idea ever. That sounds really painful to hear. I thought you meant a loyalty test. I would think she's got some problems. And your brother is lucky because good riddens to people like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mama always said that life was like a box of chocolates you never know what you'll ever get. But she just plain stupid.

0|2
    1|0
  • I hope he dumped her. Your friend is stupid as it gets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are insecure or had a bad experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz they're not right in the head

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls do that a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave her

0|0
    0|0
  • She's a fucking bitch

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Wtf that’s so cold hearted of her. I definitely don’t do that shit so don’t think all girls do that because we don’t... that’s actually messed up, to play his feelings “just to see”. No. That’s not right

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes