Why do girls test their boyfriends?

My best friend is dating my brother. We went out to a concert last weekend, we had a great time but then she told my brother that she cheated on him at the concert. Which I know is a lie because I was with her the entire time. I confronted her about it and she told me she does this to every guy she dates to "test" them. To see if they'll still stay with her even after she tells them she cheated. Why is she like this? I've also met other people like this to but what's the point?

211

Most Helpful Guy

• Your best friend is a horrible fucking person.
    It's a ridiculous thing to do and she should stop.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's trying to determine if her boyfriend is a spineless doormat that she can walk all over and cheat on, which sounds like her preferable criteria.