Why am I being cheated on... every time?

I've had 3 long term relationships as an adult: all three proposed, one turned into a short lived marriage, all three ended up cheating on me. What I have been doing wrong is unknown.

I stay in shape, I take good care of them, I treat their friends and family like my own (most important thing in my life), regular sex (as often as possible), spontaneous trips and adventures, romantic nights in, I take care of myself, have always had my own life and have been financially responsible. I'm supportive, inspire them to go after their dreams and help them achieve anything they want in life. It is incredibly important to me to be a worthy partner, to me you don't ever stop showing that your partner matters to you and that they are worth putting out the effort for.

Every guy I've dated has said the same lines: I don't deserve you, you could have anybody, why me?, etc. if they feel this way... and know that I expect loyalty in return for my own... why would they sleep with another woman?

What can I do to stop this cycle before I get into my next relationship?

Any advice would truly be appreciated, because at this point I don't know what else I can do to be a better partner. I give 100% and end up in the same situation over and over again. Thank you for your time.

-Nicky

1465

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you invest too much , too fast and don't pay attention to the red flags because you're ' in love'.

Sometimes you have to step back and access the relationship early on to see if it's worth pursuing, or if the love is a one way street.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wonder if you're perhaps giving too much and expecting too little? Shitty people take advantage of people like that. Are you always putting them first but looking past it when they don't do the same for you? When you allow people to push your boundaries, they will continue to push them further. And when you essentially tell people over and over again that they are most important than you, they will treat you accordingly. It's not right and it's not fair. You deserve to be treated as kindly as you treat others. Don't stop bring a great partner who cares for and supports your future partner - but make sure that your efforts are being reciprocated And, if they're not, accept that you deserve better than that.

To be clear - it is not your fault thst these guys are dicks. But you wanted to know what you could do differently so I've tried to offer a bit of insight and I hope that it helps.