Why am I being cheated on... every time?

I've had 3 long term relationships as an adult: all three proposed, one turned into a short lived marriage, all three ended up cheating on me. What I have been doing wrong is unknown.

I stay in shape, I take good care of them, I treat their friends and family like my own (most important thing in my life), regular sex (as often as possible), spontaneous trips and adventures, romantic nights in, I take care of myself, have always had my own life and have been financially responsible. I'm supportive, inspire them to go after their dreams and help them achieve anything they want in life. It is incredibly important to me to be a worthy partner, to me you don't ever stop showing that your partner matters to you and that they are worth putting out the effort for.

Every guy I've dated has said the same lines: I don't deserve you, you could have anybody, why me?, etc. if they feel this way... and know that I expect loyalty in return for my own... why would they sleep with another woman?

What can I do to stop this cycle before I get into my next relationship?

Any advice would truly be appreciated, because at this point I don't know what else I can do to be a better partner. I give 100% and end up in the same situation over and over again. Thank you for your time.

-Nicky

1465

Most Helpful Guy

• There are 3 types of relationships: romantic, for having sex, and for working together for the same goal. It's extremely hard to find a person who would be a good match in all 3 categories. In fact, it's almost impossible. What are you mostly looking for? What did the guys you had were looking for?

There is also something else. Even if you have found the best possible guy, you should still expect that he might cheat. It is in the human nature that after some time, we (humans) want some variety. It is extremely hard for a guy (or a girl for that matter) to tell you about his will to have another partner once a week (because girls are likely to react badly). But if he cheats, the major question to ask is: why? If it's just sex and he considers you his main girlfriend, then it's probably fine (assuming you are ok with open relationships). If he spends more time with her, then he probably considers you as a close friend due to lack of emotional closeness. It might be that he wants to keep you because he likes you as a friend, or it can be that he doesn't feel much towards you but you are a good provider.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I would suggest paying attention to the values the guys have and whether they match yours. Also, ask them What should I expect from you? (i. e. long-term/short-term relationship, particular behavior, habbits) This will give you a reasonably good idea of the person. Ask yourself Will he stay with me and take care of me if I have an accident and get a disability? This question helps you keep your expectations of the person more real.

• I will give one example just to illustrate how cheating works. There are moments when it's really hard to say the truth. Imagine you have just had the first sex with the guy you love, but it wasn't any good for you. He asks: Did you enjoy having sex with me? Will you be able to reply "no"?

The similar story works with guys. "I have a great girl, but I don't really enjoy the sex much. It feels the same every time" Will he be able to tell his girl this? Will he be willing to cheat? Will he cheat? All of these depends on both of you: what he wants and his expectations of your reaction.

• The thing to remember is that any monogamy relationship (i. e. having the same one partner forever) is a sacrifice. Traditional relationships (marriages) are forced by society (and religion), because they are otherwise unstable as nature isn't interested in them. Even after all the pressure from society we have about 80% of marriages resulting in a divorce. That's why it's important that your values match his values, and you feel the same to each other

Most Helpful Girl

• I wonder if you're perhaps giving too much and expecting too little? Shitty people take advantage of people like that. Are you always putting them first but looking past it when they don't do the same for you? When you allow people to push your boundaries, they will continue to push them further. And when you essentially tell people over and over again that they are most important than you, they will treat you accordingly. It's not right and it's not fair. You deserve to be treated as kindly as you treat others. Don't stop bring a great partner who cares for and supports your future partner - but make sure that your efforts are being reciprocated And, if they're not, accept that you deserve better than that.

To be clear - it is not your fault thst these guys are dicks. But you wanted to know what you could do differently so I've tried to offer a bit of insight and I hope that it helps.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE