No New Years with my boyfriend?

me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship because I go to school in another state. I haven’t seen him in 3 months but I’m supposed to see him when I go home for my winter break. We talked on the phone about it recently and how I wanted to spend New Years with him. He literally said he wanted to spend time with his friends and that I should come a different day. I was terribly offended. He sees his friends and Gets shit faced with them every weekend but I haven’t seen him in 3 months and all of a sudden I’m not a priority to him on a special day? He told me I’m overreacting. I’m just annoyed because we just got back together 3 weeks ago after I had broken up with him because I felt like he wasn’t a good boyfriend. This situation just reminded me why he’s not for me. Am I overreacting?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• You're overreacting a little, but he probably shouldn't be spending new years with his friends. It's likely that there's more to it then just "hanging out". That might be his chance to see his other friends from out of the state (assuming he has any). On the other hand, he is being a jerk. Rereading your post, I'd even say he's being an ass. My suggestion is to ask him about why that night is special. If there's a reason, the you'll know it, if not, you know he's just being stupid. Either way, good luck - I hope you have a great New Year's regardless!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're overreacting. If he sees them every weekend why would he need to see them again on New Years?