Do men get insecure when they know the girl they are dating can do better than them?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've personally felt that way in a past relationship. I spoke to my partner about it and she told me that everyone has something they are looking for.
    For guys it might be a beautiful woman with a slender body, others could be the larger lady.
    People can't really know what the other is thinking but we all have something we look for in a partner. Instead of thinking "why are they with me, they could do better". Think of it like "Wow this person could do better but chooses to be with me".

It's all about finding the positives in the negatives.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah they do. If their girl is really great they start to question why the girl is with them. Lots of men even come right out and admit it. The man may be feeling inadequate. I think when that happens its best for the girl to calm their insecurity with reassurance; that they are together and she chose him and loves him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• I would question why a girl would be with someone if she thinks she can do better. I wouldn't feel insecure about it, I'd think more fool her. I'd get what I could out of it before she fucks off.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they "know" the girl they're dating could do better, then that right there is insecurity. It's kind of redundant to get insecure about an insecurity, but anyway, I'd say that the guy needs to work on his confidence or reform his life if he feels like that. Reassurance is wonderful and all, but it's not as effective as someone making positive changes in their lives that they can be proud of.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound arrogant. Truth is their is always a richer, more hung, more experienced person or more confident no matter how great you are. No matter how great a girl is their are tighter ones and ones without children or ones who actually work

0|1
    0|0
  • All men from the start of a relationship are gonna think that you could do better. Especially when he is with the love of his life. When he is with them he believes that she deserves the world and that Hus will never be enough. So he is always scared that she is gonna walk away with someone who can treat her better even though he still gives her literally everything that he has. So in its simplicity, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • There will ALWAYS be a better option than me. So I never date. So "yes" would be my short answer lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh thats very simple, when i get in a relationship i know that despite that fact she will choose me and if not there is no point continuing the relationship. Same for me, i will always be able to get better i am sure as with enough time and patience you will come across someone who is better then your partner in one way or another. Thats why i am so selective so that when this moment comes i can choose my partner without regretting it, knowing that despite the fact that the other girl might be better in one way or another she is the one i truly deeply love and the one i will always prefer over anyone else. Because i would love my partner for who they are and i would love what we have built up, nobody else no matter how great can replace that bond because to me my partner will always be perfect even if someone objectively better comes along.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I went out with a dream girl a few months ago and I was so worried she would leave me for someone better

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and no at the same time because i know that she can do better but she is with me not with other men

0|0
    0|0
  • Brah. I think anyone might get a little insecure lol
    Wth hahah

0|0
    0|0
  • thats not how a relationship functions so no we shouldn't get insecure

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• There is no reason to be insecure when she already chose you over them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe some do, but some are cocky and may not realize it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes