Going on a date with a nerd/geek?

Hi all! I am going on a date with a guy who's 100% rational. He's all about work, studying, science, math, programming, etc. He likes video games, anime, cultural events, theaters, travelling, sport and healthy food. He's introvert and all about brains. And I really like him!
I am little bit different, tho. I'd say I'm 50% emotional and 50% rational. I'm not much of a "play it safe" type, I like taking risks, socializing, and being crazy from time to time. I'm into art and magic! But I also like math and programming (I work as a developer). And for some reason, he likes me too! haha
Anyways, I've never dated guys like this. How is it? Like, what ticks their check-boxes? I'm a bit of a flirty nature, so I wonder if it's okay to flirt with him and tease him a little bit on a date? Or maybe he would like it more if I was serious? I want to make a good first impression on him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are very opposite for each other which is a very good thing because opposites attract and you probably find each other very fascinating. Like @Cellestial said, just be yourself. That is the person he is attracted to. Don't try too hard.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Nobody - and I mean nobody - is 100% rational. The fact that he likes anime speaks to this. You're likely to find that your "emotional" side is quite compatible with him after all.

I'd say "just be yourself" but then again, if you were someone other than yourself with him, it wouldn't be worth it, now would it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Treat him just like you would any dude you're interested in. Try to act interested in his hobbies and such, and don't be scared to ask questions if he mentions "nerdy" things you don't know about. And don't be scared you have to live up to some expectation you think he set on you b/c he's a "nerd".

Basically, treat it like any other date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can see your worries, but if you already know he likes you too then most likely he has already realized your not like him when it comes to personality. Sounds like he analytic type, and having two types of personalities when starting a "relationship" can open up new things one is not used to doing. Just be you and don't think about what he likes cuz you already must have made a good impression if you have gotten this far.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be you and let him be him... that contrast might work really well I think...
    you'll balance each other well
    he needs a 'bit of a flirty nature' as you say... to come from her with a little bit more of a laid back personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him head that'll be a great impression lol Bring a half gram with you and itll get him out of his shell

0|1
    0|0
  • I think pushing his boundaries maybe a good idea. See how he responds. He sounds like he may need it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have fun.. I think you'll be dominating.. but i feel nerds are way more advanced in such cases...

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself, and enjoy the moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hyper feminine and loyalty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just act normal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes