How do I get this guy to ask me out?

I work with a guy who is on the same floor as me. He works in a different program on another side so I only see him when in the elevators or at the printers. I've learned a while ago that guys are helpers so asking a guy simple questions and small talk can develop in to a nice little friendship.

I've been trying to chat with him more during these small times and it looks like he is trying to do the same. I'm about 90 percent sure he likes me too. I've caught him looking at me and when we do bump in to each other he prolongs eye contact and appears to want to talk more.

Any tips on making it more obvious that I like him in a office friendly setting? I'm trying to ask for his advice/assistance on a certain project dealing in his area. I thought I would see where is goes from there and continue to build a rapport. But I'm also shy and I'm struggling with being more assertive at times.
Thank you for any and all advice.
Updates:
Im not opposed to it. I'm trying to build a rapport with him so I feel confident and comfortable enough. But I'd also like him to ask as well.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• From what you're saying it seems like you guys are both into eachother. Guys often become flirty like that when a girl is flirty. Honestly, if he hasn't done it yet I would do it yourself! No shame, he might actually be surprised in a good way!

1|0
    0|0
    • I've actually asked a guy out earlier this year but not in person through text. I used a similar formula on this another guy that I'm currently trying?" That worked because the guy did the asking. Both guys turned out to be meh but it gave me the confidence to ask more guys out as I see some guys won't so why not be assertive or lay the ground work for them to do the asking? I'm nervous about this one because he checks all my boxes and is so funny and engaging, I would but I'm still kinda shy so I was looking for tips on how to go about it.

• Why don't you ask him out?

1|0
    0|0
    • not opposed to it. I'm trying to build a rapport with him so I feel confident and comfortable enough. But I'd also like him to ask as well.

• Show All
    • Not as much as it use to mean. Buy I also work with him so...

• But I'm also working on it too. I'd like his help as well. He'll be the third guy I asked out this year. I know that's not a lot but I'm getting tired of asking first. But if I have to I will those other guys were jerks and he is worth it.

• If you know each other, simply try to be more around him and maybe more open about "how good" he makes you feel. But hey I'm not so experienced so don't trust me too much!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes