When a guy is dating, would he stop contacting a girl if he finds someone else?

If a guy has been dating a girl for a while, but he finds another and he's getting action off of her, will he completely forget the first girl, or carry on stringing her along too? Just wondering how a guys mind set works because I think it's happening to me. I've been dating a guy for a while but I'm slightly suspicious he's "getting it" somewhere else. But if he was, would he still bother with me? He wouldn't need or want me If he has the other girl right? I'm just trying to get clarity for my own peace of mind.

03