How wrong is it for a 22 year old to be having sexual relations with a 17 year old where the age of consent allows it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if you can't trust her. I was 17 when my guy was 23. We're happily living together now. As long as she wouldn't pull the "statuartory rape" thing on you, you're fine

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• As long as they are both happy with it and the older isn't pressuring the younger, especailly if its a slow relationship. Most people would cringe though as they wouldn't be sure the 17 year old would know what they're getting into, but if the guy is mature and has his partner's best interests at heart its not so bad.

0|2
    0|0
  • My husband was 23 when we got together and I was 17. We've been together for 12 years and married for 5 and have two kids together. I guess it depends on who you ask?

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends on the state. Different stated have different laws. Where I am at if you are 13-15 you can only have sex with someone up to 2 years older. If you are 16 and above you can have sex with someone up to a decade older

0|1
    0|0
  • I still think she is too young for you, even if the law says this stuff is legal. It's just getting away statutory rape of minor.

2|0
    0|1
  • It's not wrong, maybe socially unacceptable but not lawfully. I don't think there's anything wrong with it aslong as she's mature and consents

0|2
    0|0
  • Ya why not, I hang out with a lot of people around that age group and I don't think thats that weird. You just have to take in your and your partners emotional maturity.

0|2
    0|0
  • If there is no deceitfulness behind it then I do not believe its bad

0|1
    0|1
  • I mean it's not legally wrong, at least here in Australia but I would personally be like ew.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find someone your own age.

1|0
    1|2
  • It's wrong. She can acussed u of rape

0|0
    0|0
  • It's wrong in so many ways. You can be reported for rape.

0|0
    0|3
    • What utter nonsense! In what way is anything he said rape?

• Probably not very as long as the older person is not being a sleaze, and they are practicing contraception and safe sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • The 17-yr-old is still a minor. You're committing a crime punishable by law!

0|0
    0|1
  • As long as she’s ok with it..

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm 17 and had sexual relations with a 22 year old guy soo I think it's very safe

0|1
    1|0
    • You're still a minor! Your 22-yr-old committed a crime!

• Not at all. I don't know where you live but where I am it's not

What Guys Said 8

• As long as everyone is okay with it INCLUDING parents. I wouldn't be too worried about it otherwise.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong with it really but people probably would judge you for it still

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't promote sexual relations outside of marriage, but in your case it isn't wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah its wrong. Until the age of 18 i believe. Dont know where they give consent tho.

0|0
    0|0
    • In my state 16+ is allowed, I'm not asking legally I'm talking more like morally and socially is it okay or permissible

• She's too young.

1|0
    0|0
  • If everything is consensual then no, not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • nope and its legal here

0|0
    0|0
  • Age of consent is fine when your under 18. If the age of consent is 17 that doesn't mean it's legal for them to have sex with a 27 yr old.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like age of consent mean that from this age to 18, you can have sex, but if you're still a minor and you have sex with a adult it's now a crime.

Recommended myTakes