Super embarrassed, kinda hurt I don't know what to do, what should I even do?

I’m dating this guy and I feel like my house is going to be the downfall of us, I live with my family (parents and siblings) and we have mice, it’s super embarrassing, I’m in tears as I write this because my boyfriend was over and he heard a mouse and just like stormed out, mad about it. It’s super embarrassing and I’m really hurt. A lot of things here I feel like are out of my control, I clean but the house doesn’t stay clean. He said something to me about my house not being clean before and he told me “that’s why he doesn’t stay at my house”. Every time I think about it I just want to cry, a part of me wants to just tell him we should just break it off but I don’t know. When he left I felt so dumb and embarrassed. It makes me feel like he’s disgusted with me, I’m not sure what to do.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless the house is very dirty, he's making too big of a deal about it. And hearing a mouse? Lots of houses have mice this time of year, it doesn't mean the people living in the house are doing something wrong. He's over reacting. You said he stormed out and was mad. That's ridiculous. You may want to consider getting in a relationship with someone who is more reasonable.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah it’s not dirty it’s just junky tbh

• The don't put up with his drama. Find someone who doesn't major in theatrics.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's just a jerk. Even if he has a problem with something he shouldn't act that way and storm off. I grew up in a similar situation. Our house was pretty much a shack. There were holes every where, bugs, rats. I dated multiple guys during that time, and none ever complained about it. If he cares about you, his only concern should be helping you get yourself in a better situation. I know you care about him but chances are he's going to react that way to many things as your relationship progresses, and probably going to get worse and worse. Sounds like the red flags at the beginning of an abusive relationship. Get yourself out, and find someone better. You deserve it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I agree and it’s funny that you said that because he does act that way over other things, it’s quite sickening. Thank you so much for sharing