Super embarrassed, kinda hurt I don't know what to do, what should I even do?

I’m dating this guy and I feel like my house is going to be the downfall of us, I live with my family (parents and siblings) and we have mice, it’s super embarrassing, I’m in tears as I write this because my boyfriend was over and he heard a mouse and just like stormed out, mad about it. It’s super embarrassing and I’m really hurt. A lot of things here I feel like are out of my control, I clean but the house doesn’t stay clean. He said something to me about my house not being clean before and he told me “that’s why he doesn’t stay at my house”. Every time I think about it I just want to cry, a part of me wants to just tell him we should just break it off but I don’t know. When he left I felt so dumb and embarrassed. It makes me feel like he’s disgusted with me, I’m not sure what to do.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless the house is very dirty, he's making too big of a deal about it. And hearing a mouse? Lots of houses have mice this time of year, it doesn't mean the people living in the house are doing something wrong. He's over reacting. You said he stormed out and was mad. That's ridiculous. You may want to consider getting in a relationship with someone who is more reasonable.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah it’s not dirty it’s just junky tbh

• The don't put up with his drama. Find someone who doesn't major in theatrics.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's just a jerk. Even if he has a problem with something he shouldn't act that way and storm off. I grew up in a similar situation. Our house was pretty much a shack. There were holes every where, bugs, rats. I dated multiple guys during that time, and none ever complained about it. If he cares about you, his only concern should be helping you get yourself in a better situation. I know you care about him but chances are he's going to react that way to many things as your relationship progresses, and probably going to get worse and worse. Sounds like the red flags at the beginning of an abusive relationship. Get yourself out, and find someone better. You deserve it.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I agree and it’s funny that you said that because he does act that way over other things, it’s quite sickening. Thank you so much for sharing

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• wtf. i mean if he doesn't love you enough to put up with the housing you were born into i wouldn't consider him as a person i'd want to spend the rest of my life with. . .

2|0
    0|0
  • Communicate with your family. Be firm. Relationship or not, having a house infested with mice (or anything) is awful. If they're slacking on home upkeep, they need to stop, for everyone's health.

1|0
    0|0
  • He stormed out because of a mouse? I mean he must have a real phobia.. but yea you should look at getting rid of the mice anyways because boyfriend or not, mice in your house is not good.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, and it’s definitely something I’ve been looking into

• tell him to stop being a little bitch

2|0
    0|0
    • Lmaooooooo! That actually made me ctfu 😂😂😂

• Just spend more time at his house.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I agree! Tell him to nut up. A real man who cares would have proceeded to get the mouse traps, help you set them and put them out and when the traps are full, get the nasty little things and throw them out. He does sound like a whiny little bitch boy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl, it's ok. He doesn't want to be understanding.
    I had mice in my home this past summer- mice will come in anyone's home. You take action to rid them and then clean up.
    As far as the house being untidy and or messy- you live with other people and everyone has to pitch in to clean. I'm sure the house is not nasty but just untidy and lived in.
    My thoughts are: people come to see me not my home. I don't live in a museum nor do I have maids.
    He's behaving as if he's royalty and is accustomed to an immaculate home.
    Either he gets over it or find yourself a guy who is a real person.
    Don't feel bad, hurt or even guilty over this as he's going to have to grow up.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree and that’s definitely what it is, it’s just messy. He makes it seem as if my house is like filthy covered with dirt and trash and that’s not the case. Thank you so much for sharing this

Recommended myTakes