Do I seem dateable?

Just a normal pic of me with my beardie buddy, Drogon, hanging out. I've never had any kind of luck with guys (as in never even been on a date) and I've been told it's because I'm very outgoing/confident around people. I get the whole "go up to a guy and ask him yourself!" But I'm just wanting to know if looks are a factor here. I'm not a twig, nor do I pretend to be! I've got some chub, but I'm not morbidly obese! Lol. πŸ˜‚ I'm also over 5'8" so I'm tall. Thoughts? Do I seem dateable??

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. You're smile is great. Don't worry I'm in the same boat. Being hyper intelligent and extremely talented really makes me stand out and it makes others feel inferior. I don't try to come off that way, but that's how people see me. Uptight, unapproachable genius who is better than others. In reality, I make mistakes, feel stupid and don't always like to practice all the time. I want to be goofy and spend time doing dumb stuff with peers my age like flashlight tag in the snow or something. Most people especially women won't approach me because they say I make them feel inferior or stupid. I talk a lot in class and ask questions. Keep on fighting! You look great, your pet is very unique and thats awesome! We will both probably find someone eventually... πŸ˜‹πŸ˜Š

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks! Yes, I'm the same way. I am very competitive and like to be the best at everything I try to do! Lol. My mom always told me I scare guys away because of it but not to change because one day there will be a guy brave enough to take me on πŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Girl

• If such a girl like you had no chance with guys then I'm utterly hopeless.
    Your smile is so energetic, your eye color is great. You have lovely facial features.
    You look great never doubt that. Good luck with boys!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• You're definitely dateable. I see friendliness in your smile, you like animals (a big plus), and you're quite attractive. Maybe a guy who is also an animal lover would be a possibility. Perhaps there's a zoo nearby that you can get involved with supporting/volunteering at?

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! I actually used to volunteer at the zoo for years, but now I'm in school so I can WORK at a zoo in another year. :)

• Wow, I'm jealous! Sounds great. Seriously, you will make some lucky guy very happy- just stay positive!

• Thank you! 😊

• Your cute and datable. Guy's are picky like girl's are picky. Join a free online dating site and your inbox will get flooded with horny guy's trying to get your attention.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol I've done that and you're not wrong. Those sites are full of pervs. Never blocked so many people in my life! πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • Yeah I usually take a screenshot, send it to my friends to laugh at, then block. πŸ˜‚

• Haha lol. Other girl's I know do that to. They take screen shots and show their friend's. I seen girl's post screen shots on their profiles of guy's acting thirsty. lol. It's funny. Guy's be trying so hard.

• U are very cute. But to me looks don't matter. What matters to me is what is on the inside. I follow the old saying don't judge a book by it's cover. Because you never you may be ugly to someone else but to me you might be the prettiest person in the world. As long as we have a strong connection/vibe I will not judge you on how you look on the outside

1|0
    0|0
    • Very true! I try to follow the same principal. I know lots of ugly pretty people lol. And I don't want or need some insanely buff guy or anything like that. Honestly I wouldn't want that! Too much comparison! πŸ˜‚

• You're gorgeous. I don't think it's about how you look, rather who knows you and their status. How you play with guys in general could also be a factor, as a guy wouldn't want to share.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! 😊 And that's true. My major and soon to be career is mostly female, but hopefully I will meet more guys once I've got a job.

• You're my height, you have a lovely smile, your eyes are beautiful and you love animals. I see no reason why you wouldn't be dateable πŸ‘

1|0
    0|0
  • Your certainly look datable to me. But I'd not take the dragon on your dates. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks are not a factor here, by just looks I would date you. Don't be shy, a lot of times all you need to do is spark the conversation. Being outgoing and confident are not a downfall.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! Just wanting to make sure it's not a biased mom thing where they have to tell you your beautiful/handsome lol

• U r looking too beautiful n your killing smile attracted anyone towards you... And a best thing in you, you have loving nature who loves animal

1|0
    0|0
  • you aren't stunning but you are certainly attractive. nice eyes, pretty smile (dimples squee). don't really feel any sexual energy off you which may be the reason guys are not picking up on you; might think that you are a friendzoning type.

definitely dateworthy, with room to grow ;)

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm definitely not one who is going to put out on the first few dates, so I'm glad thaty vibe isn't going out! Lol

• fair enough, be true to you and you'll find someone who matches 😊

• More than dateable. You're eyes are absolutely beautiful and im a sucker for dimples.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes you seem dateable. I didn't need a picture, I didn't need the explanation. You are dateable. Someone will love you. But since I do have all that information you gave me, I'll also say you seem like a very colorful, vibrant person and that uniqueness and pride in who you are might intimidate a lot of men. It'll probably just take longer to find a good match, but when you do it'll be amazing, because you're obviously true to yourself and seem like a very fun person. And also, don't think about your body too much. A) Most women have "chub". Women are supposed to have a little more body fat than men. It's normal and healthy. B) Being 5'8", not really sure what this has to do with anything. Most men will still be taller than you, and short guys can't afford to give a shit as long as you're okay dating someone shorter than you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! I just included the height because in real life, people think girls whoa re taller than like 5'4" are super tall, lol. At least that's always been my experience! I'm usually the tallest, or one of them anyway, in my group of friends. I'm willing to be very patient, but I'm hoping the right guy wanders along sooner rather than later! Lol

• I feel you on that "sooner rather than later" haha. I've been on a lot of dates, but no relationship since high school. A lot of the advice I gave you I have a hard time taking myself, but it's still all true (although you seem way more confident than me). I'm only 5'4" myself, so I know how expectations about height go amongst the genders. But trust me, I've never heard a single guy bitch about a girl being too tall or say anything negative about tall girls. If anything those are the girls who people are all, "She's like a model."

• Well that's good to know! I know that height can be intimidating for some guys, hence my inclusion of it. I've already got the intimidating thing down without needing to add in the height too! Lol

• You look fine but save your lizard for the third date at leastπŸ˜‰

1|0
    0|0
    • Bahaha, he (and my baby leopard gecko) are my little babies! I know they seem odd to some people though, especially at first!

• Show All
    • Lots of people say that until they meet Drogon! Haha, some people don't change their mind though. But I love fuzzy things too! We have massive fur babies at home as well. :)

• I was just going for the double entendre

• Of course you're dateable, never doubt that. And no, it's not because of your malnourished dragon.

0|0
    0|0
    • He is absolutely nowhere NEAR malnourished! Lol, have gou ever seen a juvenile beardie before?

• Show All
    • Ohhh okay lol, sorry, it's way too hard to get any sarcasm or anything through the internet! But he's young and chunky! 😊

• It's okay and you don't have to be sorry for anything, I'm a random generic stranger.

• You look like you just dont put any effort in. You have a nice canvas but applied no paint!

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm assuming you're referring to makeup? No, I don't wear any unless it's for a special occasion or I just feel like it that day. I've definitely got a really relaxed style and prefer jeans and a comfy t shirt to frilly dresses. Plus that pale skin you see there is super sensitive and make up actually can make my face sting if it is on all day, even the high quality kind! But I do wear it sometimes, but usually keep it simple. :)

• Show All
    • Honestly, what was the point in you posting? All the advice so far given you dismissed.

Nobody will "get to know you" if you dont attract them in the first place.

by the way only you mentioned makeup. The photo looks lile it was the first 1 you took. Like i said no effort

• I just responded to your comment on another post, and like I said, I'm very confident in who I am and what I do. I was just curious how other people view me so I could understand more. You're welcome to your opinion and to share as you please! That doesn't mean everyone will bend to what you recommend.

• Not bad honey.. u r a dateable material.. if you are hot enough to tolerate afterwards ;) lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. Drogon there is a plus!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you look great!

1|0
    0|0
  • That lizard is beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd pass.

0|1
    0|0
    • Would you share why?

• Show All
    • You should take it as constructive criticism if you want to be "dateable"

• My post wasn't made to try to change myself. It was just so I could understand different points of view/how guys view me. Honestly, I'm extremely comfortable with who I am and how I present myself! I was just honestly curious. :)

• You are very dateable guys are blind

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• wow... you're beautiful. Beautiful eyes and lips. And you sound amazing. You should be 110% dateable

0|0
    0|0
  • You're really pretty, and super adorable.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're gorgeous

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course you are, you're are really nice!

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww thanks! 😊 I'm just checking to make sure! Lol, all parents have to tell their kids they are beautiful/handsome/smart/etc lol

• Lol that's true! Omg just realised I missed a word :') I meant to put you're eyes are really nice!

• Thanks! 😊 I just figured it was a typo of some sort, lol

• You have a cute face. Definitely "dateable" indeed.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes