What does a guy mean when he says it didn’t feel right?

I went on a date with a guy I met online on while back. We had spoke on the phone and decided to meet for a casual drink.
First impressions of him were good, however he was extremely fridety. I thought things were going fine and after about 40 mins asked if he’d like another drink. He didn’t and was out of there like a shot.
He texted me on my way home saying he was sorry but he didn’t feel a connection. Fair enough!

It knocked my confidence abit as I thought it was me or how I looked etc.
I carried on dating and forgot about him.
Id seen him on the site still and hadn’t spoke.
The date was early part of this year.

Out of the blue he sends me a message asking how I was.
He eventually goes on to say he was sorry about the date and that he was so nervous and wanted me to like him that it didn’t feel right.
What the hell does that even mean and why sat this months afterwards.
I did feel like he didn’t give me a chance. Just don’t get why he’d bother again after tossing me aside...

022

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he was sensitive enough to know that what he did may have bothered you and he was feeling guilty about it, so he contacted to "set the record straight."

• This sounds very plasable as I thanked him for his honesty and he had not been in touch since, unless he’s playing it cool.

• The easy break ups are those where you decide the other person is a total jerk of the highest order and you wish they would get run over by a dump truck. The difficult ones are where you break up because you aren't right for each other (or at least one of you thinks that) but you still think that the other is a very nice, decent, good human being. As you get older, and you do a better job at screening people who you date, you will have more of the difficult break ups. But you will also become closer to finding The One and eventually that will happen.

Good luck.