Why is it so hard for people to be straightforward and even blunt?

522

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know, I have always been straight forward and blunt, but maybe they are not because they are afraid of how people may react. I know that some issues I run into is that people tend to over think what I say because they assume that I am not just stating my opinion or idea but that I am holding back rather then being blunt and to the point.

Most Helpful Girl

• - They don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings
    - They think too much about what other people think of them (want a good rep)
    - They’re sensitive
    - They think that playing social games is an effective way to get to know someone and see their intentions (when I would say the opposite is true)
    - They don’t know how to express whatever it is that they’re thinking or feeling
    - They’re shy or insecure
    - They’re afraid of conflict and/or drama