Why do so many guys have problems committing?

Okay before I start and to try and minimise the accusations of sexism, even though, yes I suppose this is slightly sexist, I would just like to state that I know there are plenty of guys who want fulfilling relationships and have no problem committing to one woman. And I know that there are also plenty of females, myself included, who also have commitment issues but in my personal experience you more often than not hear women complaining of men not wanting to commit and men complaining about women who are too smothering.

So apart from that the question pretty much speaks for itself, however I don't just mean having problems committing to a relationship, I mean problems also committing to the opposite: a breakup.

I would be the first to admit that I have commitment and intimacy issues. I enjoy casual dating but I never seem to be able to bring myself to take something further.

However I always insure that when I end things with someone it's ended completed. No take backs. No yo-yoing back and forth. If you're out of my life you're out of my life. It's not fair to keep someone dangling on my hook once I've made the decision to cut the line.

But I find this isn't the case for most commitment phobic males. Not only can they seem not to be able to commit to a relationship but they also seem to not be able to commit to not being in your life. The number of times I've had a boy tell me it's over just to come back a few months after is astonishing. It makes no sense to me and it's just plain cruel. Why are they so indecisive?

849

Most Helpful Guy

• First all women are pathological liars, in my experience... and unfortunately most are manipulative and narcissistic.

But setting aside the nature of women these days there are no guarantees. All women operate under Briffault's Law. And on top of it considering commitment leads to marriage, you have to be either ignorant or batshit insane considering all the statistics, laws, how family courts operate, etc, to sign the marriage contract or have children.

I find it an insult how women could give a flying fuck about any of it. It really goes beyond me how women are either clueless about everything or just don't give a single fuck about anything other than finding a provider, and someone who can give them children with the best genes they can get. It's the solipsism that this question exhibits that puts me in shock every single time.

Most Helpful Girl

• They come back when they don't have any other options available, they thought they would do just fine but realized catching other fish actually takes some time. So sense the fish aren't biting and they're hungry, they come back to the pond they caught you first hope you're still swimming around to catch again. In other words, they are just waiting for more fish to appear and once they do, they'll throw you back in the pound so fast they won't even bother to remove the hook out your mouth. So you'll be swimming around with that hook in your mouth that'll be a constant reminder of the pain and disappointment that per put you through. Anyways... man I need to go fishing next summer...