Is the silent treatment effective or childish?

Does ignoring your significant other when upset work? What if they are super stubborn and persistent and talking to them just adds to the fire.
  • Childish ( keep it in high school)
  • Effective ( I do it all the time)
  • Situational ( Sometimes ehh)
    Vote C

1325

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes the silent treatment is childish, but surprise surprise, it still works. This is one of the rarer cases when saying nothing is better than saying something as that something might hurt your s/o, and even though you might be upset with him/her, deep down you know you don't want to hurt them.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on your goal. Is it effective in further upsetting your SO and potentially creating more problems than you began with? Yes.
    One of the hallmarks of adulthood is being able to communicate openly and maturely. Everyone can go pout off and brood over their problems. If you want to resolve them like an adult, confront them like an adult.