Would you rather date someone who’s too clingy or too distant?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would rather date someone who is too clingy because they would be easier to command. That way, they would never be annoying because you would not allow it because they would listen. Distant people are too hard to read.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Distant. As long as there is trust established (and naturally, there WOULD be if I've chosen to date this person), I don't mind if they're off doing their own thing. I certainly need my own time more often than not.
    But, if they're clingy, then they're going to mind when I say something like, "I just don't feel like going out today, I want to be alone." It takes a certain kind introvert and/or open-minded person to not take personal offense at that. Even once I explain that it's nothing against them; I'm simply the kind of person that NEEDS alone time.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Too distant. You can always improve the relationship to where you both are at a comfortable level of closeness. But it's hard to tell a clingy person that they are too close. They usually take offense to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% clingy, i explained this before in a similar post. If i find someone who is more clingy than my already sort of clingy, then it's just perfect. I need them to like me more than i like them.

0|0
    0|0
    • @Hemlock well lets say me being somewhat clingy, on a normal person it's just annoying, if i'm clingy to another clingy person, then it just works. We both like each other and attend to each other equally

• I would rather be with someone that is too clingy. A person that is too distant would make me think she is not interested in being with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy. I like closeness and someone that is distant would make me feel insecure about her and I as well as myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy. I rather have someone too clingy than to be distant. Being too distant could hurt a relationship more than being too clingy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Clingy. cause then you can be distant. But if the person is to distant then there is no way to make them more clingy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Clingy because they constantly want to be around me

1|0
    0|0
  • too clingy if there to distant they could have commitment issues

1|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy, I'd say it's easier to tell someone to just gently calm down on their closeness than to tell someone they want to be much closer

0|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy by a long shot. There is no question as to whether they are into you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clingy, that way I knew they cared at least a little.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes they have there reasons for being who they are

1|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy because at least she wants me in her life

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer a clingy because can take control of my relationship and build more trust them distance one

0|0
    0|0
  • These are both of the extreme's why not suttle in a health in between?

0|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy--in a heart beat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Clingy

0|0
    0|0
  • Clingy for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • too clingy

0|0
    0|0
  • Too distant

0|0
    0|0
  • Clingy. I’d be fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely clingy

1|0
    0|0
  • def clingy

0|0
    0|0
  • To. clingy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course

0|0
    1|0
  • Too clingy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Shit, I'm going to be the only one who says this! I MUST go on anon!

I'd rather date someone who's distant, I don't like clingy people!

0|0
    0|0
    • You're not and you're such a coward.

• Better a coward than someone whose inbox is filled with people's angry DMs just because they don't agree with my opinion. 😂

What Girls Said 11

• Too distant. I cannot deal with clingy people because I am introvert and I need my alone time, peace and quite very often. As long as there is trust, love and understanding, it doesn't matter if my partner is distant. It means he has his life, thar he doesn't NEED me but WANTS me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy. I can deal with clinginess. I cannot deal with an SO being distant

1|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy because if you're distant we'd probably just end up drifting apart and trying to get someone to open up can feel impossible

0|0
    0|0
  • Those are some awful choices but of the two I’d have to go with clingy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clingy. I can always mute the phone if they call too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clingy. I can't handle a distant person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy for sure lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too clingy

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither