How can I help this person?

My sister of 31 years old, i love her to death, but she is clearly very depressed and is dealing with mental issues. Let me explain some of our history, im 25, when i was 21 and she was 26, we both were really depressed we've been through a lot, we lived in the same house with our mom and for three years straight we didn't exchange any words, thats how depressed i was, i couldnt talk, see, to anybody without me thinking they would physically hurt me, including my family. I moved out at 24 and when i moved out, it was my healing, i felt i got respected and i gained my independence. My sister however, is 31 and still in the same position, she doesn't have a man, never had one, she doesn't have any friends ever since she was 19, she hasn't worked in 9 years, and lives of welfare, she is still even a virgin! to get her back into society is a hard task and i honestly think she isn't going to make it through alive, i tried contacting her 3months ago and she just shut me down and got very angry at my mom for ''sending someone'' at her door. And after a few days i went upstairs again to look into the mirror, she called my mom and said i shouldn't be allowed to go upstairs while she is sick... so contacting her is very very hard... what and how can i help? and what do u think of this situation?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It is normal to put up a wall when you are hurt. Personally I have been a shy person my entire life. And bad things happened and my heart hardened. I put up a wall. I figured if i was mean i wouldn't get hurt as easy. Well, I fell in love and I did get hurt. The one thing I turned to was GOD. I suggest giving her a bible. Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our GOD endures forever."
    So I know what is written I hold dear to my heart. GOD will not change his mind. What is written you can take to the bank. In essence he said I stake my life on it. And he did. A person so rhiteous and just suffered such a great ordeal. But he did it for us. On a day that was the most evil and dark of all. What the devil intended for evil. GOD intended it for good.
    Another is the story of Joseph recorded in Genesis 50:20 as saying to his brothers, "You meant evil against me, but GOD used it for good."
    Romans 8:28 says "And we know that GOD causes all things to work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are called acvording to HIS purpose."
    And if I may also recommend another book by Randy Alcorn "90 Days of GOD'S Goodness."
    You can also find it in audio format. I highly recommend this book. Each day consists of two to three pages and they are inspirational and they are words of wisdom. Many who have had difficulties in their lives have said a many a positive things about this book. I personally own more than one copy and have given it to those who i felt would benefit from it. This is just a part of what i wanted to share.. There is much more and you will find it in the bible. Also, if music is a part of your life. May I also recommend listening to klove. I spend many hours on the road and listening to the music just pierces my heart. It will do the same for you.

0|0
    0|0
    • she is already extremely religious

• Show All

• How does a family member proceed, then, with little or no direction? Every individual is different in how they handle the beast of depression, but here are a few universal things you can try that will empower both you and your loved one toward recovery and hope.

1. Educate Yourself About Depression and Other Mood Disorders

You may not be able to cure your loved one. But you can better understand his or her condition by educating yourself about depression or the kind of mood disorder he or she has. Reading up on your loved one’s illness will help you feel more in control of the situation and give you more patience to tolerate the confusing or frustrating symptoms.

Here are some places to start:

Families for Depression Awareness helps families recognize and cope with depression and bipolar disorder to get people well and prevent suicides.

• i already know this

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes