What makes a cougar a cougar?

I'm in a small school, so we have limited options. There is also like three boys in my grade and I have class with none of them. In the grade below me I've gotten crushes and interests. How much older than the boy makes me a cougar or is it that I'm older at all? (The boy I have an interest in is like 2 months younger)

417

Most Helpful Guy

• "Cougars" are popularly defined as women in their 40s (or older) who date significantly younger men, generally at a 10-year age gap or more.
    You are just a gal that dates a guy a little younger than her.

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't be a cougar at 15. you're still jailbait yourself. you'd have to be in your 40s or up trying to get with like guys in their early 20s to be considered a cougar.