I want a relationship but I feel like I'm not 'relationship material'?

I'm 18, I have never had a serious boyfriend (except online)... I've always wanted to date someone and be in a committed relationship. I would absolutely never cheat on anybody, would never lie to someone I was dating either. I've had crushes on guys and stuff and have told them but they never like me back.

The thing is, I want a relationship, but I feel like I'm not good enough. I'm overweight; not obese but more than chubby, I have a little bit of acne, I have depression (although I hide it from everybody), and I have anxiety. I feel like I won't be good for a guy, and maybe that's the reason no guys ever liked me back in high school.

How come no guys like me? I've been on a blind date before and I did my hair and makeup for almost three hours and picked out a nice outfit and everything, but he still didn't like me. :/ I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll ever date anybody! All my friends have boyfriends and its not that I want to be like them, it's just that I want to know how it feels to be in love with somebody. My mom talks about her boyfriend and stuff and says 'I truly hope that one day you can feel how I feel with this guy, I hope someday you can be in love with the love of your life'. WELL maybe it'll never happen LOL.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure it will happen, look it sounds to me like you're insecure about yourself and your depression doesn't help. If you fix yourself the guys will come. Pick up a training routine, get a couple anti depressents or a psychiatrist to help you through this and as you get healthier both mentally and physically the guys will follow

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel that your looks are one of the reasons why you're single then change them and by change them. If you have acne there are plenty of afordable treatments out there do some research, if you feel your chubby start eating healthy lose some weight or start the gym go for walks etc. You have depression and anxiety becaude you let your insecurities get the best of you, as you are not comfortable with your looks you're most likely to isolate yourself and feelings and not talk to anyone about it which makes it much worst. The key to this is becoming comfortable in your skin and loving yourself and see all that depression and anxiety it will decrease dramatically. In this only you can help yourself and i dont mean to put religion in this but i went through the same as you and God helped me through it was all thanks to him!!!
    In regards to relationships, learn to love yourself and you will attract the right people so try to focus on yourself first and your faith and trust me everything will fall into place

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I have the same issues honestly. I'm overweight and I also have both depression and anxiety, I'm sure you're a very beautiful person you'll find a guy sometimes it just takes time. Also I believe you're a beautiful person you just need the right person to show you that😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Instead of using 3 hours of make-up to hide your flaws. Actually invest on them to improve.
    - eat healthier, less and go to the gym
    - keep exposing yourself to your insecurities untill they are no longer have anxiety.
    - look for friends that actually stimulate you to reach your goals, instead of friends that are just living life withouth improvement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just make an effort. Hit the gym a little bit, eat right and dress for your figure. If you aren't a hottie you might have to be the one to initiate with someone you like. You may even be rejected. You still have it way easier than the average guy. Knock em dead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take time and work on yourself, only you can make yourself happy, be happy alone to be happy with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • R u looking for online date or offline date

0|0
    0|0
    • Offline, I would really like to date someone IRL rather than online, you miss out on a lot when dating online

• Oh k can we chat in message

• Well this kind of topic is kinda relatable to me. You won't believe i had a crush on someone for 9 years and it ended like your stories but i learnt i gotta shut my emotional part for anyone except my mom πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ cos others are not worthy of it ✌✌✌

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes