I want a relationship but I feel like I'm not 'relationship material'?

I'm 18, I have never had a serious boyfriend (except online)... I've always wanted to date someone and be in a committed relationship. I would absolutely never cheat on anybody, would never lie to someone I was dating either. I've had crushes on guys and stuff and have told them but they never like me back.

The thing is, I want a relationship, but I feel like I'm not good enough. I'm overweight; not obese but more than chubby, I have a little bit of acne, I have depression (although I hide it from everybody), and I have anxiety. I feel like I won't be good for a guy, and maybe that's the reason no guys ever liked me back in high school.

How come no guys like me? I've been on a blind date before and I did my hair and makeup for almost three hours and picked out a nice outfit and everything, but he still didn't like me. :/ I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll ever date anybody! All my friends have boyfriends and its not that I want to be like them, it's just that I want to know how it feels to be in love with somebody. My mom talks about her boyfriend and stuff and says 'I truly hope that one day you can feel how I feel with this guy, I hope someday you can be in love with the love of your life'. WELL maybe it'll never happen LOL.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure it will happen, look it sounds to me like you're insecure about yourself and your depression doesn't help. If you fix yourself the guys will come. Pick up a training routine, get a couple anti depressents or a psychiatrist to help you through this and as you get healthier both mentally and physically the guys will follow

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel that your looks are one of the reasons why you're single then change them and by change them. If you have acne there are plenty of afordable treatments out there do some research, if you feel your chubby start eating healthy lose some weight or start the gym go for walks etc. You have depression and anxiety becaude you let your insecurities get the best of you, as you are not comfortable with your looks you're most likely to isolate yourself and feelings and not talk to anyone about it which makes it much worst. The key to this is becoming comfortable in your skin and loving yourself and see all that depression and anxiety it will decrease dramatically. In this only you can help yourself and i dont mean to put religion in this but i went through the same as you and God helped me through it was all thanks to him!!!
    In regards to relationships, learn to love yourself and you will attract the right people so try to focus on yourself first and your faith and trust me everything will fall into place

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE