Is my boyfriend only spending a lot on me because he loves me?

He says he wants to buy me everything I want.

423

Most Helpful Guy

• I encourage you to read a book called, "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. I listed them below. I think he falls under #4.

It's very insightful and explains that people show their love to their partner in 1 of 5 ways, and unless you know which "love language" your boyfriend uses, you may be completely lost in why he does what he does and may even feel like he doesn't love you because you "speak" a different love language than him.

The 5 love languages are:

1. Words of Affirmation - Complements

2. Quality Time - Doesn't matter where you're at or what you're doing as long as it's together

3. Receiving Gifts - May spend a lot of money on things to show love

4. Acts of Service - Doing things such has washing dishes, cleaning the house, etc

5. Physical Touch - Always hugging, or kissing, or holding hands, or cuddling

Most Helpful Girl

• could be his way to demonstrating love or wishing such would come his way at last
    but with every gift comes strings, no matter how they THINK they are not there
    eventually he'll tug on your halter to lead you his way and will become irritated you don't obey