Is my boyfriend only spending a lot on me because he loves me?

He says he wants to buy me everything I want.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I encourage you to read a book called, "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. I listed them below. I think he falls under #4.

It's very insightful and explains that people show their love to their partner in 1 of 5 ways, and unless you know which "love language" your boyfriend uses, you may be completely lost in why he does what he does and may even feel like he doesn't love you because you "speak" a different love language than him.

The 5 love languages are:

1. Words of Affirmation - Complements

2. Quality Time - Doesn't matter where you're at or what you're doing as long as it's together

3. Receiving Gifts - May spend a lot of money on things to show love

4. Acts of Service - Doing things such has washing dishes, cleaning the house, etc

5. Physical Touch - Always hugging, or kissing, or holding hands, or cuddling

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• could be his way to demonstrating love or wishing such would come his way at last
    but with every gift comes strings, no matter how they THINK they are not there
    eventually he'll tug on your halter to lead you his way and will become irritated you don't obey

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• He just wants to make you happy. He might be insecure about whether or not he's doing enough to express his love for you. Honestly I'd communicate with him before he ends up homeless lol
    He just loves you, that's all

0|0
    0|0
  • hahahahah... haaaahahahahaha...
    maybe... maybe not. could be a blinder... i'd see this as a flag

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be that he's unsure of how to express his feelings to you empathically so he's doing it though materialistic means. If it bothers you, talk to him. Communication is key to any relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • If he's not saving any money for himself and not buying anything for his family, then he might be spending on you too much. I cannot judge him, he might feel very lucky to have you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you can always think about it like if he spends his money you he isn't spending it on anyone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Either that or he thinks that materialistic exchanges is the only way to keep you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy can love you and do this.

A guy can not love you and do this.

0|1
    0|0
  • It might just be that material gifts are his primary way to show you that he loves you. Some people struggle to find ways to really show how much they love you.

It might also be because he wants to demonstrate that your happiness is worth everything to him. In such a way that you mean more to him than any penny in his wallet combined.

It might also be a way of showing that, with him you have no need to worry about money ever again. Thus being a reason for you to stay with him.

Whatever the reason, the underlying idea is probably that he doesn't want you to leave him, in other words because he loves you. He might expect something in return for all the money he spends though.

0|1
    0|0
  • He doesn't think he's good enough for you so thinks buying you lots of nice things will compensate.

0|0
    0|0
  • yep. he love you so bad and want to keep you only for himself so he rather buy you anything to make you feel special 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe but it may just be vanity or to show his dominence financially

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he thinks he can buy your love and loyalty with material pocessions.

0|0
    0|0
  • He thinks and feels too be in all position or in all things u like..

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he loves you, or he's trying to gain your trust for some sort of reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Well why else would he spend lots on you?

0|0
    0|0
  • is that a bad thing?

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants to buy your affection

0|1
    0|0
  • If you don't want the gifts send them to me

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes he do a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • ask him

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• He might just trying to impress you or buy your love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl, you need to marry that guy. Most guys are cheap as fuck and love their money more than their gfs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let me tell you a story. I was dating an old boyfriend, and he loved to go down on me, although he wasn't very good at all. So everyday he would lay there between my cooch and play with my hairs with his teeth and chomp away, i would lay there for 30-45 min just dreading the whole thing. For over 4 months i put up with it, until i finally said something and the horror stopped.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes