If you are talking to or dating multiple people, do you tell them in the interest of full disclosure?

• Yes
  • Only if they ask
  • No
    Vote C
  • See results
    Vote D
Assume you just met and don't really know each other well enough to decide if you want to be exclusive (say, less than 3 dates). Definitely before you have sex, which hopefully isn't happening until much further along in the relationship.

2054

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're actually dating and sleeping alone? Then yes, because that's considered cheating, but they should have the knowledge up front so they can make an educated decision on how they want to proceed.

If you're actually dating but talking to other guys? Yes, because he needs to know if there is a potential threat of losing you (regardless what you say, if you're talking to other guys, there's always that threat)

If you're not dating, as long as you're being safe and using protection with everyone you're sleeping with, then no. It's really no one else's business with so you sleep with.

If you're not dating and are just talking to other guys and not sleeping with them, no, again, it's no one's business who you're talking to.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Who said anything about sex? Sheesh.

• Personally, I don't say I'm "dating" anyone unless we're in some kind of relationship. I know it literally means you just going on dates with them, but I just consider that "hanging out".

I don't go on dates with someone I'm not hoping will end up in some kind of relationship. I have hung out with girls before, going to movies, or dinner, etc, with no expectation or even desire to be anything other than just friends.

So, I use the terminology with female friends that I do with my male friends. I don't "date" my male friends, even though we do much of the same things I would do on a date.

• Ah, okay. Makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are we talking about before or after the DTR conversation? Before, when you are just going on dates, you don’t owe anything to anyone.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What's DTR?

• The weird thing is that I have never ever in my life had this problem before, where in 24 hours multiple nice guys contacted me online. I've been talking and texting them during the week but only one asked for a date this weekend. So I'll see how it goes. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

• Don’t sweat it. Have fun!