Paying for dating sites, does it work?

I've heard that it works much better than free sites and apps. People know that you're serious about finding someone and I guess that you'd have some sort of disposable income lol because let's face it, nobody wants to pay for an online dating site 😂

I'm considering it though, I'm already paying for a couple of magazine subscriptions that I don't really care for, I mean I can definitely live without them and then just pay for an online dating site. I'm fairly new to the area anyways so it's hard to meet people when I'm working all the time and have a busy, full schedule.

Anyone have any positive experiences with paid dating sites? Everyone on the free ones just seems out to mess around and get attention.

110

Most Helpful Girl

• Years ago I paid for eHarmony, it was terrible! I'm sorry I did

• Why so bad?

• @zagor it will work out, not to worry

• Thanks for the MHO :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I had eHarmony for a while. Found someone on PlentyOfFish so I cancled the pay service. Back then it was easy to cancel and they refunded the unused portion of the paid membership.

I liked eHarmony as I selected to only let members contact me. That got rid of the scammers and those either not serious or married looking for a fling.

I may go back to a pay site again and if I do it may be eHarmony. Too many of the others are polluted with fake profiles and bot replies.