Paying for dating sites, does it work?

I've heard that it works much better than free sites and apps. People know that you're serious about finding someone and I guess that you'd have some sort of disposable income lol because let's face it, nobody wants to pay for an online dating site 😂

I'm considering it though, I'm already paying for a couple of magazine subscriptions that I don't really care for, I mean I can definitely live without them and then just pay for an online dating site. I'm fairly new to the area anyways so it's hard to meet people when I'm working all the time and have a busy, full schedule.

Anyone have any positive experiences with paid dating sites? Everyone on the free ones just seems out to mess around and get attention.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Years ago I paid for eHarmony, it was terrible! I'm sorry I did

0|0
    0|0
    • Why so bad?

• Show All
    • @zagor it will work out, not to worry

• Thanks for the MHO :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I had eHarmony for a while. Found someone on PlentyOfFish so I cancled the pay service. Back then it was easy to cancel and they refunded the unused portion of the paid membership.

I liked eHarmony as I selected to only let members contact me. That got rid of the scammers and those either not serious or married looking for a fling.

I may go back to a pay site again and if I do it may be eHarmony. Too many of the others are polluted with fake profiles and bot replies.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 9

• Or you could approach in real life cause you know... it's free!

If you just take an hour out of your day maybe after work, maybe do a couple in your lunch break you can easily approach at least 5-10 girls. That's 25-50 girls a week and without even considering the weekend when you could do waaaay more!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but look around at the different sites and the kind of people they have on them first, before settling on one or two. And keep in mind that some of them pad their searches with fake ads or profiles that haven't been active for years.

I used to pay for Match. com and got a few first dates but nothing ever panned out. Though that was partially my fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you pay or not doesn't make a difference other than you losing money. i mean there are some sites that don't even let you text others without payment... avoid those, cause those are as shitty as the free ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well as they say, once you've got some skin in the game others can tell you're serious, so for that a paid one would deliver more results but then again I don't have any experience with that type of sites or know anyone that has done it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not worth it. Like at all. If you need a place to put your extra money in my bank account will gladly let you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ohhh nice try there big boi lol

• If you do use one, be very diligent with the billing cycles and membership policies, they are notorious for being difficult

0|0
    0|0
  • Paying for a dating site is like paying a bandit to rob you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Post on Craig's list

0|0
    0|0
  • People I know have generally had better success with them. Free sites there are a LOT of people who aren't actually looking to date, just half browsing to kill time, or like a little attention. People who put down money actually want to meet and go on dates.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes