Ex is texting me, I think we are meeting up, what do you think her intentions are?

My ex dumped me out of the blue almost two months ago (both in our mid 20's, dated nearly 3 years). I (like a fool) tried to win her back for a few weeks before I grew tired of her being hot/cold & callous. At this point I told her that being friends wasn't an option for me (she kept saying can't you just be friends with me?) & that if it ever felt right to revisit things that she knew where to find me.

Two weeks of ZERO contact followed. Her neighborhood flooded recently I sent a quick text saying I hoped everything was ok. She said it was thanks for asking, I cut it very short & went another week with zero contact. Then she texted me as follows (starting at 7am, ending at about 2pm)

Her: Do you remember the brand of that drink?
Me: I sent her the brand.
Her: Have you heard about the girl that got promoted? (simplified for privacy, this was something she was working on while we were dating.)
Me: Nope. big or big big (again simplified for privacy)
Her: big big
Me: That's awesome! I owe you a beer sometime to celebrate.
Her: Tonight?
Me: Are you around?
Her: Yes
Me: I should be free later if you want to meet up give me a call
Her: Actually let's do Tuesday night. I'm running on fumes. I don't want to rush our hang out time like last time & I want to have more than one beer. I'm putting it in my calendar. With pen.
Me: Alright I'll see you then

I'm trying to get some insight into what her intentions might be? I'm concerned she may be just looking for an ego stroke like "oh yea I can still get a date with him". Or maybe she is missing me & seeing how things go? This is the most playful she has been in contacts since the breakup. Maybe she's just looking for a hookup? As this conversation was happening I was kind of surprised as I had kind of let go. I even went on a casual date or two.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 3

• It sounds like there was someone else and it didn't last long!

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea there was another guy, she told me shortly after the breakup claimed she "loved me" but wasn't "in love". You think she's trying to come back or just stroking her ego though? I guess either way I just need to go into it on edge assuming she's playing games. Make her prove she isn't.

• Call her bluff rather quickly. Tell her that you are the injured party and if she wants to re-establish the relationship, she must prove that she is worthy. She can do this by courting you. She can call you and ask for a date, she can come pick you up, she can pay for the meal or entertainment, and if she appears sincere in her desire, you will reconsider the matter. If she is just looking to stroke her ego, you'll never hear from her again.

• I first thought is that she is looking for some male intention or most likely is horny and most rather run back to an ex then to hookup with a perfect stranger. I don't think you should go since you seem to be healing and old feeling may come back hindering your process of getting over her if she is just look for male attention or dick.

0|0
    0|0
    • I totally understand where you are coming from. I think this is likely BUT I am interested in dating her again so I want to hear her out (if she actually has anything to say) I think (since i'm already on high alert) that i'll be able to tell the difference between her wanting an ego stroke or some dick & actually apologizing or trying to rekindle.

• http://www.thatonerule.com/rules/2490.png

Your call of course but odds are against you if do. Good luck

• Talking

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes