Does your first kiss on a date lead to a make out session? Or are you supposed to pace yourself and wait until the next date?

I really hit it off with this guy on our first date but since it was daylight, we ended our date in a rather public place, he gave me a strong hug and told me he would like to see me again.

I would like to make out with this new guy but I don’t want to move too fast either. Is our first kiss just supposed to be a small series of light, relaxed kisses or is it normal for those kisses to lead to a make out session?

I've only had one boyfriend before and our relationship was a bit unconventional so I don’t have much to compare. My ex and I kissed on the first date and then had relatively heavy make out sessions from then on.

What’s normal dating behavior? I’m also a virgin so I don’t know how intimacy is supposed to escalate.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• It can go either way.. The very first kiss is usually in my experience a peck but that can escalate to serious make out session if that peck lights the spark. There really is no normal. If your lips lock and it feels good there is no reason not to add some tongue. And if it feels awkward there is no reason to not pull back and re assess the situation.