Can a relationship work out if one party smokes and drinks but the other doesn’t?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s all about the rules, I’m a smoker and i rarely drink... but there is a set of rules in my house.. i don’t smoke in it nor drink... i like my home to stay clean so that people would find it comfortable not a bio hazard

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it can work. It just depends on how comfortable the other partner feels about that. If you're okay with the fact that theyre doing that then it can work. I think smoking is more torable than drinking in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
    • How so? So is there a pollutant called "Second hand alcohol"? I know there is "Second hand smoke," which a non smoker can smell in buildings from 30 years ago!

• @characterJoe If my boyfriend smokes and I can tolerate it then its fine, if he wanted to quit then i would help him. If he drank likr socially eith friends (not too much) or at home with family or me then its fine.
      It all depends on if the non smoker/drinker accepts it?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Yes but you have to respect each others preferences. My ex didn't really like any of it but insisted she came.. then complained about it all. If you don't like it give him/her freedom to do it without bringing them down. If its your partner? Then show respect for example if you visit her family don't get drunk at her mums party lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't smoke when he's around nothing more annoying than breathing in a motherfuckers second hamd smoke

0|1
    0|0
    • Its not me its him that smokes and drinks. I already have asthma lol

• Oh then the same thing except din't be around him when he smokes

• It could, but I'm guessing if there is contrast in that. There will be differences in a lot of things

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but i feel bad for the one that doesn't smoke cause if u r talking about cigarettes it will taste nasty when u kiss but if it's weed i feel bad cause the other one is missing out

0|2
    1|1
  • No. Those are two different personalities and levels of socializing

1|0
    0|0
  • It COULD but it can be unlikely. Lifestyles have to be similar in order for it to work 100 %.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like drinking is easier to pull off than smoking.

0|1
    0|0
  • drinking yeah, as long as it's no addiction. smoking not so much.

0|1
    0|0
  • Drinking sure but smoking no way disgusting. But that’s me. Obviously people are in relationships like that and it just work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t smoke, I dated two women that smoke but I will never do it again. It is a horrible habit.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, as long as smoking/drinking is just a hobby and not a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Party type, I would be worried about them getting drunk and cheating on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if they mutually understand each other n allows the habbit

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend if it was excessive, if it wasn't then yes it can

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if you like The person

0|0
    0|0
  • Not very well if so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can but I think it rarely does.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it could

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, get some tictacs

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• Yes. It depends on how you guys handle your relationship. And besides if you really love your partner you must respect his/ her decision. Relationship comes with understanding, trust, communication, time and respect with each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. One would be the driver. You can have fun at parties without alcohol. Or do you mean someone who is addicted of drinking and Smoking and does it all the time? Then no. For me I don't like smokers. It's gross. So for me would it not work but for others sure

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the other persons tolerance. I don't smoke or drink or do any drugs. But my boyfriend does. It kinda bothers me cause he's not himself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the individuals. For me it wouldn't work (I'm a non-smoker).

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not long term, similar lifestyle choices are key in a relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • If the non smoker and drinker is fine with it then I don't see an issue

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes