Can a relationship work out if one party smokes and drinks but the other doesn’t?

723

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s all about the rules, I’m a smoker and i rarely drink... but there is a set of rules in my house.. i don’t smoke in it nor drink... i like my home to stay clean so that people would find it comfortable not a bio hazard

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it can work. It just depends on how comfortable the other partner feels about that. If you're okay with the fact that theyre doing that then it can work. I think smoking is more torable than drinking in my opinion.

• How so? So is there a pollutant called "Second hand alcohol"? I know there is "Second hand smoke," which a non smoker can smell in buildings from 30 years ago!

• @characterJoe If my boyfriend smokes and I can tolerate it then its fine, if he wanted to quit then i would help him. If he drank likr socially eith friends (not too much) or at home with family or me then its fine.
      It all depends on if the non smoker/drinker accepts it?