Accidentally agreed to a date. What should I do?

So a friend of mine who is a really great girl has sent me a message and asked me if I would like going out with her sometime. I wasn't really paying attention to reading her text so I sort of automatically said "sure why not". While she didn't mention it being a date, I have many reasons to believe it is (she has been acting differently lately, flirting, hugging me extremely long and tight hugs etc), and have suspected for a while now that she might try to make a move.
At this point saying "No" would be rude and really not nice, and I really don't want her to get hurt. I also want to avoid asking if she actually meant a date, because this would create an awkward situation. I really like her as a friend and enjoy having conversions with her, and we have a lot in common, but I am just not attracted to her. I am considering of trying to give this a chance but an really unsure about it. What should I do?

1019

Most Helpful Girl

• id go and just be a friend, if she SAYS she is interested and you dont want to give it a try, pleas be honest. at least shell have her dignity. even if you wanted other people to give it a chance, if they were not going to, did you want them to placate you or b honest?

i appreciate you wanting to be kind -thats really good, but honesty IS kind. its respectful and treats her like an adult. plus finding out bad news is best quick. an pleas dont listen to people saying lie, thats horrible im shocked these are adults.

Most Helpful Guy

• So all those times she flirted, hugged you extra long & hard, pressing her curves into you till she blushed... you just forgot to ask what was up or to respond?

That is on you 1000%, dude. Just tell her you don’t want to risk the friendship... either she will understand or she will say you read the signals wrong (whether true or not). Fine. Take the hit. It’s not the end of the world.

What do you think would happen if you went on the date & then you said, ‘no’? She would feel way more rejected.

Stop acting like you just don’t want to be rude. No, you are afraid of conflict. You just have to suck it up. Unfortunately not everything is easy in life. Taking the easy way can lead to WAY more problems.