Is being supportive a turn off for girls?

keepitdown
I’ve been talking to this girl I like and recently have discovered she’s been dealing with some personal issues. I tried my best to let her know that she can always talk to me (as I’ve experienced a lot of the stuff she’s going through now before) and she seemed really thankful. I’ve heard a ton about ‘nice guys’ and honestly I’m not entirely sure what it means, but I think this girl legitimately needs help and I’m more than willing to hold out on a relationship if that means she’s able to talk to me and get at least a little bit of the help she needs.

Basically, I’m wondering if me being a shoulder for her to cry on will hinder any chances of a relationship. Even if it WILL make her see me as more of a friend and less of a potential partner, I’m more than willing to do that because I genuinely believe that she just needs someone to talk to.

Also, sorry if it seems like I repeat myself a couple times, I just want to explain the situation a few different ways so it’s easier to understand
2
1