Why is he so complicating and confusing?

This boy admitted to liking me when I asked him if he like me. He said yeah and he wanted to know if I liked him back and I said yeah too. Then he just says "thank you." To me like wtf πŸ™ I then tell him take me out then and he just says he doesn't know. I don't get him he shows affection toward me and wants to meet but then does that.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds to me like you were way too veiled when you asked if he "liked you." You definitely were not on the same page. You needed to clarify that you meant romantic interest. It sounds to me like he's just not into you romantically and you put him on the spot and made things awkward. You definitely didn't do yourself any favors by "telling him to take you out." It sounds to me like you owe him an apology for just calling him out and you need to have an honest conversation with him about how you feel about eachother. If you can't do that after an episode like this then your relationship will likely just be awkward from this day forward.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He's the one that said to me he wants me first and having plans to meet him at his place. So what was I post to think

• That is background information that was not provided in your original post. Obviously that changes things. If you want good advice you need to tell the long version of the story.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 48

• I don't know much about the culture in your country and that could have an impact on what this means. In Western culture, this behavior could mean:

1. He already has another girl and just wanted to get his ego stroked.

2. He is inexperienced with women and not really ready for dating.

3. He was caught off guard by you being so assertive and may have even been a bit shocked.

You need to find someone with more maturity if you are looking for a LTR.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sounds to me like he doesn't really know what he wants, maybe he was taken aback at your straightforwardness and simply asked you because he couldn't think of anything else to say. He could just be extremely awkward and not know where to go from there. We all work at different paces, so try to be sympathetic to his.

0|1
    0|0
  • could be a lot of reasons i guess
    - too nervous
    - not looking for a relationship
    - already has a partner
    - playing games

regardless it sounds to me like for whatever reason it may be something of a waste of time trying to figure him out

0|1
    0|0
  • To be perfectly honest, judging from the information you gave us, I think he is unsure of his own feelings. It may have caught him off guard that you, as the female, approached him instead of him approaching you. I would not let this awkward exchange influence how you see his character as a whole. You didn't do anything wrong, and neither did he. Keep being friendly above all things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many people, especially guys, have a tendency to set challenges for themselves, achieve them and then look for newer ones. They just don't get contented.
    This holds true in case of relationships. This guy had a target. He wanted you to admit that you liked him. Once you did that, he started looking for the next challenge. The next challenge could be related to you or it could be something totally new.

2|0
    0|0
  • He sounds kind of shy, some guys can be shy especially if the girl they like is interested. Most guys already have in their mind that the woman they may not be interested, so when the woman does show interest, the guy may be shocked and won’t know how to respond.

0|0
    0|0
  • Inexperienced maybe, awkward for him since you did the asking, probably shy too so he is probably not use to being asked, you may need to give him time

1|0
    0|0
  • You probably confused him by asking him if he likes you, he maybe freaked out thus the "thank you" ! In this case he needs time to come out with true feelings.

Another option, by asking him if he liked you, he freaked out because he wanted only to fool around.. in this case it's only time till he draw out of your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like you took him off guard. He may have reasons why he doesn't want to date right now, or is just shy. It could also be that he plans to take you out, but can't afford it yet so he was just testing the water.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did the same thing to my ex before we got together. I did it to make sure I got with her for the right reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • It almost sounds like he was doing it just to see if he could. Boys can be jerks sometimes. My suggestion is to drop that nonsense and be with someone who knows what they want. Games are for little kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • U shouldn't waste ur time with that fool u should be talking to me because i would have asked u out to eat to a fancy restaurant in the first place cause I need to make sure my queen is satisfied straight from the beginning before we r even together.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's ok, QA, you can tell me you like me and I'll take you out. 😜

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know. Sounds to me like he needs to either ask you out or miss his chance at you. You shouldn't waste time on a guy that won't give you most of his.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he wasn't expecting you to like him back. I really don't know. I guess you girls aren't the only ones who send mixed signals. How well do you know this guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this the same guy hun as the one who said he needs you or a diffent guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe there's another girl that he likes, and he was just checking that he is considered dateable material

0|0
    0|0
  • He sound unsure of himself, maybe needing more maturity or more experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't really like you as a boyfriend thing is more like ego thing for him, kind of a personal "victory" I guess

0|1
    0|0
  • From what i read. You have never met him? If that is the case he's not your boyfriend.

Side note. You got nice lips

0|0
    0|0
    • Also i say thank you to girls all the time just to annoy them. Finds out if they have a sense of humour

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes