If I'm pretty, why can't I get a bf?

Not everyone but many people tell me that I'm very cute and pretty. Some others say I'm very beautiful. However, only 3 guys from my school are obsessed with me. All 3 of them are unattractive. Only 2 guys who think I'm attractive talk to me. Both guys aren't my type either. They both don't even try to flirt with me or pursue me. No good looking guys give me any attention. Nobody hits on me in public. Rarely at some point, some guy will check me out but nobody really cares about me.

When I show I like a guy (who I don't personally know), he doesn't even seem interested in me. He just shows that he's open to talking and that's about it.
I'm not a terrible nasty person either. In fact, I'm the opposite.

I only got asked for a number twice in my entire life.
Updates:
I'm not bragging about any of this stuff. I DO get told I'm very pretty and cute. If you're just jealous, don't bother answering.
If talking about the reality of what my current dating situation is like is a crime for being narcissistic, bitchy and arrogant, then HOW could I get the truth out there? Am I supposed to lie that no guys like me at all? Or am I supposed to preach that I'm ugly while there are people calling be pretty?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So... Sounds like you're in high school. You're either intimidating to the guys, or you're too shy, and they're taking your shyness to be snootiness.

Give it time. There's plenty of people you're going to encounter in your lifetime. Give it a bit longer, get into college, and have fun. Concentrate on yourself. Not guys.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is attractive, kind, nice people get treated well. If you are pretty and a lovely person people go out of their way - even subconsciously - to talk to or to offer assistance in a multitude of ways.

So either your friends are exaggerating your attractiveness and what you’re picking up is actually your equal (as distasteful as you seem to find that) or you have negative personality traits that actually lower your physical appeal.
    I have no investment in you, it’s literally nothing to me if you ignore anything anyone says - but a huge tell is your assumption that if people have something negative to say they must be jealous of you. That’s simply not true, and having that attitude is incredibly unappealing but also indicative of the fact you’re willing to ignore what could be constructive feedback because you don’t want to look at where it could actually assist you in increasing your value

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• You sound rather bitchy, narcissistic, and demanding to me. Are you sure you are not 15 or 16 years old? A 22 year old is usually mature enough to understand human interaction a bit better.

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason you are not getting asked out isn't because of your looks?

1|1
    1|0
    • "If talking about the reality of what my current dating situation"
      It isn't this "talking" that is the problem.

Are you SURE you aren't 15 or 16 years old?

• I sound rather bitchy, narcissistic, and demanding to you because you clearly know you're not the one I'm looking for. there's really no reason for you to spread so much hate if you aren't offended. I'm smart enough to know what I am already, no need for your cry parade

• What is this "hate" stuff, snowflake?

"I'm smart enough to know what I am already"
      Apparently not, if you don't know why you can't get a boyfriend. Most women don't have your problem. If you would listen to those who are trying to help you, maybe you would come to understand your problem and do something about it.

• When you say "my school" I assume that you mean that you are at university.
    The reasons why the young men are not approaching you would include, but not be limited to:
    1. Title IX.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugm732x8gKI
    2. Listen and Believe.
    3. #metoo
    4. Mattress Girl
    www.nationalreview.com/.../columbia-mattress-girl-discredited
    5. Duke Lacrosse
    www.huffingtonpost.com.au/.../duke-lacrosse-rape-espn-30-for-30_us_56e07e33e4b065e2e3d486f7
    6. University of Virginia
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVVDfMJ-tLg
    7. Nikki Yovino
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=916Si3CLcds
    I could provide page after page of such links.
    In summary, a significant and increasing number of male students are staying away from female students because interaction with females has become too dangerous in a system that is loaded completely in favour of females, especially if they are insane liars.
    Any interaction, no matter how innocent, can destroy the rest of a young man's life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well then those people telling you stuff are probably lying to some extent or exaggerating lol
    Truth

When you are attractive its very obvious. People are nicer. They notice you all the time. They wanna be your friend and talk to you. Especially in school. They would be all over

It gets that obvious lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know why you aren't getting the attention you're looking for, but I do know it's important to be more than your physical appearance. The best way to attract what you are looking for in the opposite sex is to think about what the guys you like, are looking for. Sometimes it's the simplest things like being witty or being into video games or sports.

0|1
    0|0
  • Three men really want to date her.
    Two are interested.

"Why can't I get a boyfriend"?

Translation
    Why won't prince charming ask me out already?

1|2
    0|0
  • Well it depends on who your talking to some people are not looking for someone but the people that are looking for one are hard to come by I’ve never had a girlfriend and all my friends have had at least 6

0|1
    0|1
  • Just don't be look like a desperate you are a pretty with a guy or with yourself don't be panic am sure someone watching you all around but waiting the right time to get you just be hold and don't care
    Can I get your number😁😁😁😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Its either funny or sad that a woman complains that she cannot get a boyfriend while mentioning at least ten guys have attempted but she felt she could do better but when a guy says he cannot get a girlfriend its quite literally because he has tried and been rejected over and over again. Strange how that works. So the real question is why can't you get a guy that you think is more in your league, not why you can't get a guy, those are two different things. Personally you sound egotistical, maybe you are maybe your not I don't know but that's the first impression, you also, from what you have written sound entitled. These are turn offs. The other issue is you could be valuing yourself to highly and so the guys who like you are actually in your league and you just don't realize it. Or it could be that your not as pretty as you think, or it could be the way you present yourself i. e. if your shy it can come off as disinterested, etc. Their are many reasons why you could be single.

0|1
    0|0
  • You want a good looking guy? Walk up to one and introduce yourself.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well if its only relatives and close friends telling you your pretty... well... You may need to accept the fact that you may be fugly...

0|0
    0|0
  • Many people college age don't look for long term thing, that can be a reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha! May be coz boys not only see the face. There are other things one need to fall in love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only 3 are obsessed with you, huh? 😂

1|3
    1|0
  • Maybe your standards are way too high.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can i see picture first

0|1
    0|0
    • Well if you really want something you can't wait for it to come to u. U have to out and get it.

• Lol u r funny 😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • You have no idea how many pretty girls I stopped talking to because they had nothing else going for them...

0|1
    0|0
  • "No good looking guys approach me" tells me guys do approach but you're not interested in them. The two guys who like you but don't flirt with you do so because they know they aren't your type. Guys now a days don't approach women as much in public, half of that is due to fear of a woman freaking out when he approaches respectfully and the other half of that is guys not approaching woken out of respect due to women complaining that there's nowhere where they like to be approached. Lastly, you may not be. Horrible or nasty person, I'm sure you're nice but you may be boring. It's hard to strike up conversations with some women now a days because they're more interested in their phone, can't hold a conversation, have nothing interesting to say, have no personality or they just don't click with the guy they want (or some combinations of these). You could be the hottest woman on the planet and if you're boring and seem uninterested you'd turn a lot fo guys off. If you don't click with a guy it doesn't matter how much you want to be with each other it probably won't work out.

0|1
    0|0
  • "She acting so high... She low on my bracket"

get over yourself

2|4
    1|0
    • either you have a nasty attitude

or you're actually ugly

im guessing you have a nasty attitude

• Show All
    • i read that part wrong tbh

• im sleepy, nor do i care anymore

What Girls Said 4

• "I can't get a bf!"

"The guys who like me are all so ugly"

Please, love. You're probably boring or just outright terrible. You're definitely full of yourself.

No one is jealous of you, either. What's there to be jealous of? You don't even have a profile image.

1|4
    1|0
    • I mention that I'm attractive without being nasty or full of myself? So all attractive people are conceited? You have no idea how pathetic you sound. You're probably really ugly yourself

• Lol oh I'm pathetic? Okay, sweetie, okay 😂

• Free woman asking to be chained, what is wrong with you?

0|0
    0|2
    • Spoken like a woman who men doesn't get any attention from men.

• Show All
    • He's just a jerk, ignore him. Not sure why he's so emotional.

• Lol... Good answer.

• "Im pretty but can't get a boyfriend!" get a grip child, you are so rude and don't know how to get what you have, what you have is men actually liking you and all you care about is looks, talk about shallow. Im pretty and men call me hot, sexy, pretty, cute etc, and i can get a boyfriend cause i'm not sure. Most men likes me for my personality. Listen to yourself your desprate and if you keep being like you are going to get ignored. This is facts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be approaching the wrong guys

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes