If I'm pretty, why can't I get a bf?

Not everyone but many people tell me that I'm very cute and pretty. Some others say I'm very beautiful. However, only 3 guys from my school are obsessed with me. All 3 of them are unattractive. Only 2 guys who think I'm attractive talk to me. Both guys aren't my type either. They both don't even try to flirt with me or pursue me. No good looking guys give me any attention. Nobody hits on me in public. Rarely at some point, some guy will check me out but nobody really cares about me.

When I show I like a guy (who I don't personally know), he doesn't even seem interested in me. He just shows that he's open to talking and that's about it.
I'm not a terrible nasty person either. In fact, I'm the opposite.

I only got asked for a number twice in my entire life.
I'm not bragging about any of this stuff. I DO get told I'm very pretty and cute. If you're just jealous, don't bother answering.
If talking about the reality of what my current dating situation is like is a crime for being narcissistic, bitchy and arrogant, then HOW could I get the truth out there? Am I supposed to lie that no guys like me at all? Or am I supposed to preach that I'm ugly while there are people calling be pretty?

520

Most Helpful Guy

• So... Sounds like you're in high school. You're either intimidating to the guys, or you're too shy, and they're taking your shyness to be snootiness.

Give it time. There's plenty of people you're going to encounter in your lifetime. Give it a bit longer, get into college, and have fun. Concentrate on yourself. Not guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is attractive, kind, nice people get treated well. If you are pretty and a lovely person people go out of their way - even subconsciously - to talk to or to offer assistance in a multitude of ways.

So either your friends are exaggerating your attractiveness and what you’re picking up is actually your equal (as distasteful as you seem to find that) or you have negative personality traits that actually lower your physical appeal.
    I have no investment in you, it’s literally nothing to me if you ignore anything anyone says - but a huge tell is your assumption that if people have something negative to say they must be jealous of you. That’s simply not true, and having that attitude is incredibly unappealing but also indicative of the fact you’re willing to ignore what could be constructive feedback because you don’t want to look at where it could actually assist you in increasing your value