How to tell a guy I have no experince?

I met this guy about a week ago through a friend, I have never met him in person. He seems very sweet and nice. I Absolutely No Experince in this area. I have never dated, been in a relationship, kissed, etc. he is really the first guy I have ever really talked to. I'm nervous to tell him this. He tells me he wants to cuddle with me and kiss me and I kind of just go along or switch the topic. I don't want him taking it the wrong way or anything. Should I tell? If so, how?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't owe him any explanation. That said, I think your inexperience is letting him get away with being a huge creep if you've known him one week and he's demanding you cuddle and kiss him - especially if you've never met in person. You've got a lot to learn if you think that is normal. I have a feeling your friend already told him you have zero experience and he sees an easy target. I would steer clear of this entirely. (FYI I know you are going to do the exact opposite. Don't tell me I didn't tell you so.)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the advice! He's not demanding he was saying it would be nice and I do agree with you that my friends told him. With all that being said I did decide to distance myself from him for a couple of reasons. First I did not see it going anywhere with our distance in the way. Secondly if I am so worried about letting him now this about me and I don't feel confterble around him and that is someone I should not be with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Should you? Probably!
    Do you have to? Meeeh I don't know.
    I had my first kiss at 24yo just a month ago. Never have been in a relationship nor have I dated before.
    The guy was 23yo and experienced.
    I was nervous and almost trembling but I decided to not tell him and I let him go for it.
    I know it sounds cliché but I guess you pick up what to do with your lips and tongue fast enough. I followed his lead and we madeout for 20 minutes or so.
    I did stop him when he wanted to do more than kiss. I told him I wasn't going to have sex with him yet.

But I guess you could tell him. He won't go at it the same way and he won't start gropping you or initiate something more than a kiss (unless you want more?).

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Do I want more than a kiss probably not I just don't think I'm ready. Do regret not telling him or do you feel confident in your decision? Sorry I'm not trying to be rude or anything I'm just curios because I really don't know if I should tell him

• I kind of regret not telling him because he was quite agressive in his kissing technique. Considering it was my first smooch and frenchkiss well I was surprised and a little put off by his intensity!
      If I had told him maybe he would have been more gentle and slow.
      But I do not regret the experience in itself. I mean it was a super first makeout and one I will remember!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Go slow. Back off. You can just tell him you want to take it slow, you don't need to give an explanation. He will either take it slow, or not. if he doesn't go slow, he's not the guy for you, and end the relationship.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. I was worried he would expect something from me that I made not ready to give. I don't want to get his hopes up.

• When you're about to do it just tell him out of the blue, "I've never done this before"

0|0
    0|0
  • just be yourself and talk about things you like

0|0
    0|0
  • You are throwing yourself at him quick.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not throwing myself at him. Long story short I met him through a friend over FaceTime and he goes to a different university then I do (2 hrs away). He asked for my number and has been texting me. I just didn't want him to get his hopes up and wanted to know how I should tell him. If we do ever meet I didn't want him to expect anything because that's just not me. Sorry if you that impression

• Just tell him he'd be your first kiss

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Just go on a date with him and tell him the truth. I went on a date recently and I had no experience, like it was my first date, kiss, and obviously I'm a virgin. I didn't tell him that it was m first date or kiss because he was much older and I didn't want to. But I did tell him I was a virgin because he was going really fast. Just trust your instinct when you are ready you will know. I had to push this guy off of me when I said we just met and I didn't want to kiss him yet and he understood, until like later in the date and I felt ready to kiss him. Just trust yourself and make sure he respects you. Tell him that you haven't had very much experience bc being honest is the best rule to follow.

0|0
    0|0
    • And by the way I am 19 and he was 27... so I was really put in a weird situation and if a 27 yr old can understand then Im sure ur guy will too if he is good enough for u

• Thanks for the advice! I probably won't go on a date with him. My friend was face timing him when I came to hang out and he asked her for my number. He goes to school about two hours away from mine. He said he might be driving through my hometown and I freaked out because I didn't want him to think that I was ready for that, I'm not even sure I'm ready to kiss him.
      by the way you have courage for pushing that guy off of you and I got that reading your post! Thank you

Recommended myTakes