Is it weird for a 31 year old guy to date a 18-19 year old girl?

Little messed up? o_0

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I was very flattered and happy for a few years when a had a great relationship with a woman in her 20s she approached me as I was good at being a adult and responsible I gave her love and security l helped her she helped me but as much as we were in love and made love but I knew I couldn't hold her from her doubt or mine on a future.. it's not weird most older MEN know how to treat a woman

0|0
    0|0
    • Not all older men. The last guy I was with was 29 now 30 and I am 25 and he treated me like garbage. He wasn't mature at all and acted like a 14 year old. No security their

• Either men learn from a role model like a father or a grandfather on how to treat a woman. All was not a word I used. It has been lost a bit in the new tech age we are in. Yes that was a thing my young girl said was why she was attached to me was how well I treated her. The BOYS her age acted like babies. Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends. My boyfriend is 33 and we've been together about a year and a half, but I don't encourage my friends to be with older men and I wouldn't want my daughter in the same situation. We met and pretty much wrote each other off because we didn't think we'd have anything in common, but after having a few short conversations we both were like wow is this person actually real. We have so much in common, can talk for hours. Although we were both attracted to each other, the personality is what drew us in. People around my age are just looking for a hookup all the time and he was someone who just wanted to talk about movies and social issues with me.
    Enough about me... What is creepy is when an older man has a history of preying on younger women. Even though their age gap is similar to the one in my own relationship, I still find Sofia Richie and Scott Disick relationship creepy. When you count in the fact that the RIchie family have been close to the Kardashians for years and she was hanging out with Kendall and Kylie when they were 12, it is very creepy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Not really. It used to be way more common, and being with someone of a similar age being more common is actually very recent. I like to say that the only people that can decide this are the people in the relationship and other people's opinion for or against are irrelevant. That said if one is mistreating the other there's a problem I'm speaking strictly in healthy relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, it's fine. I would do it if it was a good match for a LTR.
    I don't get along with many girls of my own generation and disagree with their morals usually, so I prefer someone 9 + years younger than myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • a little yea he probs thinks that the older women won't put up with his shit or he thinks the complete opposite (thinks he's the shit) or that money/security will bring him places. at least he stays in rule of law.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well this guy I know also had s e x with a 16 year old at 23. So theirs that lol

• my mom told me that many men have actual pedophile desires and bet men wouldn't hesitate going for younger if there wasn't a law holding men back. weird is that there really are young girls who are attractive to me but I can figure out that they r too young by looking at facial features (most of the time I miss the opportunity of getting a girl of my age cause of that).

• As long as it's legal who should care. My ex and I had a 16 year difference, not in the way you'd think, and it was great.

0|0
    1|0
    • lol it says your age on here is 21... i assume you're much older, its slightly creepy at first glance reading this comment.

• oh wait, my bad, she was probably older... haha don't mind me.

• Exactly, that's why I said not in the way you'd think 🤣 It's really just about the connection tbh. Literally nothing else matters, or shouldn't.

• No that's not weird at all. Of coutse in serious relationship.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes very weird

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes that is wrong

1|0
    0|1
  • Weird?
    It's the best case scenario.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it's messed up.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If you think it is, explain why

0|0
    0|0
    • Well he's got a son who's only 8 years younger then this girl and between him and her theirs 13. Also he's slept with a 16 year old at age 23. Gross and creepy explained

• Show All
    • I'm waiting for your answer, OP.

• Still waitin'.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Not at all. I don’t see an issue with it but it’s a huge age gap but at the age of 19 I woman should be mature or on the verge of maturity.

0|1
    1|0
    • Well his son is 8 years younger then his girlfriend and with between her it's 13. I mean think about it

• More than anything, I'd say that it's either pathetic or desperate, in most cases.

He's unable to get women his own age, or she thinks it will make her seem more mature.

But genuine attraction does occur, and couples like this can and do work. It's just really rare.

0|0
    0|0
  • A little?

Give me a break... it's creepy AF!

2|2
    0|2
    • a lot of people aren't agreeing. Its gross and creepy. Plus he's got a son who's only 8 years younger then this girl he's dating. For him and her it's 13 years.. nasty nasty

• Show All
    • *Or they're just trying to seem 'really open-minded' and 'with the times'... Which is so misguided - when has this become a hip new thing everyone should support?

• Hip new thing? People of differing ages have been attracted to each other since the dawn of civilization. What are you talking about.

• Kind of but they're both adults, worse has happened.

0|0
    0|0
    • She's barely an adult lol. His son is 8 years younger then his girlfriend lmao. Theirs a less difference between her and his son then him and her

• You clearly feel some kind of way about it. Weird or not there's nothing that can be done about it. I honestly don't care.

• I would feel weird, but Its legal so, it's alright.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yuppies

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they're 18 it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • A little weird, but nothing is wrong with it