Is it stupid to date senior year of high school?

I'm just asking because I'm going to be 17 next year and then I'll be a senior in the fall. I was wondering if it would be dumb to have a boyfriend and keep it low-key until I'm 18 since I'm not allowed to have one. Also I wanna be able to go to prom and stuff like that but i also kinda want to date but I don't know if I should or just wait until I'm in college?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless, you're having a physical relationship, there's no problem. And, he shouldn't be the reason for not doing well academically.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea that's true.

• Show All
    • Well I've been in a relationship for 3 months and I didn't do anything sexual. I think I can control the urges.

• Well, it's nice to be in a relationship. Yeah, a lot of us could control that.
      One can always masturbate if needed.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I were you I would want until college. I’ve seen too many girls ditch their plans after high school for a guy and I absolutely hate that. If you don’t let the guy change your college plans, then you’ll both end up going to different places for college which will definitely put a strain on your relationship. Enjoy being young! You have your entire life to be in relationships. Focus on yourself now. Getting good grades, getting into good universities & starting a career. It may seem hard with everyone else around you settling into relationships at your age but trust me, it’s so so worth it in the end!

1|0
    0|0
    • Man that's so true! I actually have friends who want to move with their boyfriends when they turn 18 and not go to college but I put myself before anyone else. Sorry it sounds selfish but it's true.

• I’m the same way! That’s a great mentality to have to a certain extent while you’re still growing up and starting your life.

• Yes I know! I'll probably meet much better guys in college anyways and I'll be an adult so we can actually live a real relationship lifestyle

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Keep your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
    • What boyfriend? I'm single lol

• Show All
    • Noo. I'm saying that if I do end up seeing someone next year

• If he does something to hurt you yes if he doesn't go for it but keep in mind everybody makes mistakes in a relationship

What Girls Said 3

• You need to go by what your heart and gut tells you to... Don't date until you really know that he is the one for you... And that he does have positive in him to because if u date the wrong guy not only you will be shattered but you will regret it but also though I don't want to hear or see u get hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Enjoy your young years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes