Is it stupid to date senior year of high school?

I'm just asking because I'm going to be 17 next year and then I'll be a senior in the fall. I was wondering if it would be dumb to have a boyfriend and keep it low-key until I'm 18 since I'm not allowed to have one. Also I wanna be able to go to prom and stuff like that but i also kinda want to date but I don't know if I should or just wait until I'm in college?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless, you're having a physical relationship, there's no problem. And, he shouldn't be the reason for not doing well academically.

• Yea that's true.

• Well I've been in a relationship for 3 months and I didn't do anything sexual. I think I can control the urges.

• Well, it's nice to be in a relationship. Yeah, a lot of us could control that.
      One can always masturbate if needed.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I were you I would want until college. I’ve seen too many girls ditch their plans after high school for a guy and I absolutely hate that. If you don’t let the guy change your college plans, then you’ll both end up going to different places for college which will definitely put a strain on your relationship. Enjoy being young! You have your entire life to be in relationships. Focus on yourself now. Getting good grades, getting into good universities & starting a career. It may seem hard with everyone else around you settling into relationships at your age but trust me, it’s so so worth it in the end!

• Man that's so true! I actually have friends who want to move with their boyfriends when they turn 18 and not go to college but I put myself before anyone else. Sorry it sounds selfish but it's true.

• I’m the same way! That’s a great mentality to have to a certain extent while you’re still growing up and starting your life.

• Yes I know! I'll probably meet much better guys in college anyways and I'll be an adult so we can actually live a real relationship lifestyle