Does online dating work?

Does online dating work?

• It has worked for me
  • It hasn't worked for me
  • I haven't tried it, or not as much to conclude anything
    Vote C
Conclusions:
- It works, but it's easier in real life.
- The best apps for dating aren't dating apps, but events apps.
- Girls are bombarded by bad candidates, and at some point it becomes hard for them to decide who to trust or not.

2023

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Ehh, I've seen it work for some. I think they used to be pretty good only now people are less likely to actually meet up with people from dating apps. Those things have lost their allure to me because it's at a point now where it's actually easier to pick up girls in person.

What Girls Said 19

• In the past it did, yes.

• I've never tried it, but honestly I think it wouldn't work for me.
    I think it's dangerous, we never know if the people are who they say they are.
    I'm pretty sure I would be rejected by all the guys. And if I had a match, he would be a foreign. Which it would mean that I couldn't be with him.

• Why a foreign?

• That's a good question, and I wish I had an answer for that.
      All I know is that there no wonderful men where I live.

• *there are no

• It worked for me. 6 months of online dating later and we met up irl, we now live together and will be together a total of 2 years in a few weeks.

• What do you think it's important for meeting someone worth it that way?

• It's important if both people really want the relationship to stay together.

• Surprisingly it worked for me. 8 years ago and I say surprisingly because I wasn't expecting to meet anyone let alone someone that would I be in my first serious long term relationship with.

• So what do you think it's important for meeting someone worth it that way?

• Tried it, worked, met the guy and dated for a while but ended up not being compatible so we broke up.

• I dnt think so

• my sister met her fiance on it. I haven't had any serious relationships come from it yet, but I did meet a guy who I still talk to years after as friends.

• I've never tried it before so I've no clue

• Yeah I think so, my sister met her boyfriend on POF and they’re really happy together and do everything together so yeah I think it works

• i think online dating is very dangerous, you'll never know what that person might do.

• Well, you can date in a public place and see how actually they look like. You can make the first date just casual and not committing. Better that than just looking at photos and try to figure out.

• true, true

• But I suspect most women won't do that. I'm trying out right now.

• I voted wrong lol
    My answer is that It didn't worked for me and it didn't worked for everyone I know who did try it out

• Depends who you date

• Didn't work since I have learning disabilities. I tried one but didn't get very far

• Of course it can!

• yes.

• Sometimes

• It depends what you mean by "worked"

• Rarely works.

• All the guys I met on dating sites were mentally fucked up.

• Like what? What was the most common issue they had?

• Well, I met two people online. One I discovered she was ultra fat, and wanted to fuck me right away. The other was clinical depressed, and taking drugs for that.

• Yeah, I've heard a lot about guys finding out that their tinder dates were land whales cropping/editing their pics to make 'em look thinner.

What Guys Said 22

• I feel like if you meet someone online its not true love as both of you have went out of your way to go on dating website and are in not other words desperate to be in a relationship and can't handle being alone, but Id rather be single all my life and enjoy spending time with myself rather than being in "love" with the first person you hit it off with online. Then again thats just my opinion.

• Not for me. I did get a few first dates, mostly a long time ago, but none of them panned out. I finally quit paying for match. com as it felt like they were scamming me - it was better when it was monthly payments and you could quit any time.

I do know a few people who married people they met online, so I guess it works for some. I'm pretty much done with it, though I may try tinder.

• Nope and it's a waste of time, those apps dupe you into memberships so you pay more to get more matches and it doesn't work. Stay away from those apps. As a guy, I know girls on there are just looking for guys who are 6 ft 6, doctors, who can lift a car but be prince charming.

• Well it didn´t work for me but for 2 friends of mine. One of them found his girlfriend on lovoo after 9 month and the other one, my best friend, found his girlfriend after a week on lovely. We started together at the same day just for fun. While I failed all the time, he had several chats and started to call with one girl. two days ago he met her for the first time and now they are together. So... yeah it works. Not only on dating apps but on other apps too. I met my girlfriend on antichat. Just go on and try it out. Good luck.

• I have gotten ass with it, but I honestly haven't had a single good relationship experience because of it. If you're just trying to have sex, its perfect.

• This question keeps coming up, and yes, it still works.

And still, you have to use the right site for the kind of person you are.

• I think it can work but it hasn't yet, in the five or so months I've been on those sites.

• I haven’t tried it but it sounds too good to be true.

• It works for some and for others, it does not.

• It's worked before but in person is better if you go anywhere to meet them or have people you want to know nearby

• No. I don't know why but only transgender, gays and transvestites are super liking my profile.

Sometimes girls also like my profile.

• I've tried a variety of dating sites, none have been very useful.

• It hasn't worked for me... Only if you are beautiful

• It has worked for me.

Can work and can not. It's the same as in person. Friendship works more, i did made great friends online.

• They suck I keep getting rejected because I was born with a handicap.

• after five years of online relationship (study reasons), we live together now.

• It only works for women. Not for men.

• It did not work for me because women are to picky. Most of them want a taller man.

• Do you think people is pickier when dating online? That in real life they will date people that they won't in apps?

• I'm not into dating sites. I was in a scam before and I quit being on them for good. I would rather find me one at a store or restaurant. But it takes time for that I'm in no rush right now.

• It's not a dating site, but an events site.

• i attach zero credibility to it and would never indulge

• Sometimes it does others times it doesn't

• When do you think it does?

• I personally don't believe in luck :P

I believe they were doing something very different.

• Maybe but I don't know the details

• lets be honest, if your single, then most things dont work

• I used it a few months ago to meet Asian women. Nothing came out of it but some interesting conversations. It might be different for people using it to meet someone locally rather than halfway across the world who come from very different cultures.