Girls, I can’t seem to talk to anyone I know about this... can girls look past me in a wheelchair?

Hi Harri I’m 22 year old. Last December I was admitted to hospital for 3 months (I’ll spare you all the boring details) basically I went in walking and came out in a wheelchair. Now I was told this may only last a couple months or all my life. I’ve come on so much more than my physios thought was possible , I can now walk using a frame indoors for short distance. Now my problem is my whole life (with out sounding big headed) I’ve never had a problem with talking to girls and having relationships. When I left hospital I was very conscious and embarrassed of how I looked. I genuinely thought I’d never find a girl that could look past the chair. But within in a couple of week from When I got out of hospital a girl started talking to me, and she was actually interested in me! She didn’t care about the chair at all. she was beautiful , kind and loving. Me and her got very close, I even got very close to her daughter, we carrying on seeing each other for 4 months and I seriously thought that this is who I was going to spend my life with. I know i sound like one of these that says I love you after a week lol but I’m not , but I think that where my head was so all over the place and I thought I’d never find someone and straight away there’s this beautiful girl who was interested in me. Anyways the relationship just seemed to have ended one day to the next and I don’t really understand still to this day why it ended. Now ever since then my confidence has been so low, I have no confidence. I feel as though girls can’t look past the chair and get to know me. Or if they do start talking to me it feels like a sympathy conversation. Also when I’m out with my mates on a night out the amount of weird looks I get. My question is to you girls, is could you look past the wheelchair? And do you think that maybe I’m worrying to much?

here's some pictures of me:

Girls, I can’t seem to talk to anyone I know about this... can girls look past me in a wheelchair?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, I could look past the chair, you're also making great effort to minimize its use maybe to just where it's needed or at least something like that. Right? That's the way it sounded. Anyway the wheelchair isn't the issue. What it sounds like your issue is, is the lack of self confidence brought on by the sudden breakup of your last romantic relationship. It also counts like you haven't come to closure with the relationships sudden ending. You are looking at the whys and what ifs of the loss of a relationship you honestly felt was going somewhere, then you were hit with an unexplained breakup.

If you were a friend, and if you are on speaking terms with your ex-girlfriend, I'd advise you to talk to her to ask why she thinks the relationship ended. I wouldn't count on this changing her mind, it probably won't so make sure she understands that. Tell her it's just because you're just trying to come to terms with the break up so you can pick up the pieces and go on with your life. If and when you do talk to her make certain that you apologize for anything you said or did to hurt her. Being honest and decent with her is probably going to have her treat you the same. It sounds like only when you can answer your questions that you can pick up and carry on!

You are also a handsome enough guy that you shouldn't allow this to hold you back whether you're on wheels or on your feet!! Now get out there and start wowing them ladies again!!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• I've met guys i could totally see falling for who happened to be in wheelchair-all were married or in a relationship though lol. and tbh the wheelchair made them hotter in a way--def did not detract.

you look amazing, i have full confidence whether thing improve or not you'll definitely meet more women who fall for you.

sorry about how that one ended, that sucks no matter whats going on but esp when you're going through something.

good luck.

:-) :-) :-)

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude you're cute af and from your pictures you seem like a real character.
    Sure not every girl can get pass it, some are gonna take a bit more persuasion, and others will give 0 fucks right way.

You found a girl once right, then you can do it again. Your ex wasn't some magical unicorn, other girls who dont mind the wheelchair exist. Don't let no's or breakups get you down too much.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're a very good looking guy, and you seem like a stand up bloke too. The wheelchair wouldn't bother me at all, and would probably only help to strengthen the relationship, because I could help you get better :)

Also my friend has always wanted to date someone in a wheelchair so that if he ever proposes, he can surprise her by standing up and getting on one knee. She get's a littke excited by that thought haha.

0|1
    1|0
  • You seem to be a good looking and nice man, and the wheel chair doesn't affect either of those things. Keep being you and I'm sure you'll find the right girl.

3|1
    0|0
  • For me not your wheelchair is disturbing but your tattooes and earrings... Anyway you are really manly. As I understood well from your lines, she was a divorced woman (you said she had a daughter). How old was she? Well... if she was a divorced woman, who knows why she did it... maybe because of this strange behaviour happened her divorce...

0|1
    0|0
  • I could but its in my nature to be caring and loving. I have every faith you will find the right one for you at some point in the future. I hope you continue to get stronger and dont let you chair get you down if anything embrace it. Good luck.😁

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure your a lovely genuine guy, and you will find someone who can look past the chair, I believe it!!

0|1
    0|0
  • You're worrying too much. I could definitely look passed the wheelchair. Don't let something like that define who you are. I think you are a very handsome gentleman. Trust me, the right lass will come along sooner than you think.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that relationship should prove to you that girls can look past the wheelchair. She was with you for a few months and even introduced you to her kid, that shows that she thought you two would be together for a long time. If it was the wheelchair the relationship wouldn't have started in the first place. You're genuinely really good looking, I think you should give yourself time to get over this girl then just go for it. You don't want to settle down with someone just because they accept the chair and you're falsely believing they are the only ones who would look past it. If that makes sense?

0|1
    0|0
  • yes of course. anyone who think differently of you just because your in a chair has shown their true colours and should not be in your life. i thinks its more about personality. you look like you still keep well groomed so there literally shouldn't be a problem. personally i dont do drinking out when in a relationship as everything i need is at home and if i do drink its with the person im in the relationship with. you shouldn't lack any confidence because of the chair. if anything it will show whos there and what the girl really cares about :) xx

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I could look past the wheel chair. But check out dr sebi he cured cancer and aids using a plant based diet called the alkaline diet.

0|1
    0|0
  • I could definitely look past the wheelchair... Something like that that you can't help should never be held against you

0|1
    0|0
  • A) you look amazing!
    B) wheelchair or not, if you love me for who I am, then I'll love you inside and out 💗

1|1
    0|0
  • I can. You're a cutie and I'm not saying that for likes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i would im probably going to be like that soon cause of some problems i was born with

0|0
    0|0
  • Who ever could not is a fool. You r HOT.

2|1
    0|0
  • I personally could not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can look past a wheelchair easily. This is mostly cuz it shouldn’t matter. It’s not like you chose to have a wheelchair so why should somebody make a big deal out of it. That’s similar to somebody making a big deal out of someone’s skin colour. You didn’t choose to have it, you just got it

0|1
    0|0
  • You are a very handsome guy and can see women being attracted to you. Don't let being in a wheelchair get in the way. It may be an obstacle but you've already experienced someone who looked past that and I'm sure there's other women who will as well. Just like anyone out there, you're gonna find duds and your gonna find winners. You seem like a nice guy who's been through a lot, any girl would be lucky to be with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • You have a good face and body. Perhaps you're not ready for a relationship though and need some time to recover. 3 months is still pretty recent don't try to rush into anything.

Keep being friendly and dont get bitter or sad

0|1
    0|0
  • I could look past it. You seem nice and you are very good looking don’t worry to much about it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes