How to avoid seeming too clingy during winter break?

I met this guy I like quite a bit about a month before the end of the semester (we're both in college). We went on one real date about two weeks before the end of the semester, and got dinner together in the dining hall and watched a movie in his room a few times before we both had to leave. We cuddled when we watched movies but we haven't kissed yet. It seemed to early to "define the relationship" so we didn't talk about it at all before we left. Now that we're home (on opposite sides of the country), we've been snapchatting pretty regularly to keep up our streak but not much texting, although it's only been a few days. I don't want to seem clingy but we won't see each other for a month and I'd like to continue whatever this is when we get back to school. I really miss talking to him but I don't call people very often so I don't know if it would be awkward to do so at this point. Any tips for texting/calling just to say hi? How much is too much?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Just talk to him and see what he is comfortable and come up with some code word that you both can say mutually if things get. Too "clingy" and you can then both know to switch to just holding hands and being less drunk on love.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everyone's definition of clingy is the same. It depends on what yours is, and his.

It's important to make it known that you want to keep in regular contact. Some people back off , and fear texting someone regularly , so they don't come across as too clingy. Instead they make it appear as though they aren't all that interest. The other person assumes they aren't thinking about them.

Text him now and then to ask how his day has been, and talk about yours. If he doesn't respond ASAP don't be overly concerned about it. Don't always be the one to text first.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Find something interesting to talk about. Like, I was in kinda the same situation and I'm from NJ and the chick I liked was from Florida and we got buttfucked with snow and took a picture of it and how much I would like to trade places

0|0
    0|0
  • The only tip is, just do it. As long as he sounds like he is enjoying your company or conversations, it's not too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't even worry about it, he's probably thinking the same thing as you, if you show more interest initiating more conversations over text or calling he will probably do the same

0|0
    0|0
  • its cuffing season... we all know you're clingy lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk about it see where it goes

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I really don't know what else advice to give you lol but me personally likes to talk to my boyfriend crush whatever everyday. Im big on communication and with being apart sometimes its all you have to connect so just checking in and having a convo off of that is cool but you shouldn't be the one to hit him up first all the time either

0|0
    0|0
  • why don't you just give him a ring and say something like "just wanted you to know I kinda miss you".

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don’t you just text him and tell him you miss him, how is he etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree. Tell him what you feel! This struggling with should I or shouldn't I is just crazy. Get yourself used to be always honest and plain. Tell what you excately feel. Guys like straightforward talk. If it disturbs him, you are not for him.

• just text him something random and fun
    or wait until Christmas to wish him holiday greetings

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes