Am I too early to tell my family about my new boyfriend?

I've been dating this guy for about a month and a half now, and everything went great. He is the first guy who seems to be very committed and serious in our relationship, and I am, admittedly and embarrassingly, deeply in love with him as well. I told my family about him, before realizing that this may be a big mistake - Is it too early for me to tell my family about him? Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's never "too early" to share something you are excited about (relationship or otherwise) with those you care about.

Involving others actually makes the entire process so much more rewarding!

Now, to caveat, I could see if one had a history of perpetual bad choices how that could be considered "too early."

But without more information, I'm going to assume the best!

So heck yeah! Share your life with others! That's what life is about! :)

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no set rule to follow or standard process in relationships. Each relationship is different in regard to your family and your significant other. If you are close to your family and you feel your boyfriend is serious as you say you are then I don't see any harm in telling your family. Just know by telling your family about him doesn't mean they have to meet him or need to know everything about him. Go with what is natural and comfortable for you and you boyfriend. Best of luck :)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• My girlfriend is dating me for 4months and she wants me TO MEET HER FAMILY... so i guess its not early

2|0
    0|0
    • Interesting. But how do you feel about it? Would guys want to meet the girl's family even if you were only dating for a few months?

• Show All
    • Oh god... so it IS too early then! Well, I think you should be honest to her about how you really feel :) I'm sure she'll understand

• she's the sensitivr typo.. no way i can do that

• I wouldn't tell my family unless I'm serious enough to have them interact with my family. There's nothing wrong I'm being honest. If it was some random Joe then I'd say no... but it sounds good so it doesn't sound like a problem

1|0
    0|0
  • It's never too early. They are your family they won't judge you if you tell them and he breaks up with you the next day (I don't see that happening but still) Don't worry about it. Besides there's a difference between telling your family about your SO and your SO actually meeting them.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's been six weeks, and you are deeply in love with him, then there's no reason not to tell your family, as long as they are supportive of you in general.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a personal choice. Does he know how you feel? Is he ready to meet your family? If yes, no biggie. If no, you might have rushed it a bit. Meeting your girlfriend's family can be stressful, and feel like a lot of pressure. He needs to be as ready for it as you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't too early after a Month and a Half. Maybe after a week, yes. But now because you're both committed and serious about your relationship. Maybe talk to each other and come to an agreement of when to meet the parents. You never know, maybe he's ready to meet your parents. Maybe you're ready to meet his. Talking always helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's never too early to tell loved ones about your love life. The only time you consider earliness is introducing you boyfriend to them, because it allows them to interact without your presence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Way too early. It's only been a month but if they know for sure you're not talking about marriage and just talking about how much fun you're having that's different.

0|0
    0|0
  • You both are still getting to know each other and usually the best time is about 3 months or more before you introduce your partner because you want be sure first.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no set timeline for these things. If you feel/felt ready, then it's time. Every relationship is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...
    U should have taken some more time untill Nd unless u know him very well

2|0
    0|0
  • No, it is not too early because your feelings for him are so strong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never... Hear to what your family has to say you will get more clarity of the things.

1|0
    0|0
  • If there's no rush you can wait until after Christmas? If it feels right, go ahead.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't think so u did right u can do all publicly n any problem between u they will give suggestions chill not a mistake

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you didn't make it sound more serious than it is, it was find to tell them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really do what you like to do

2|0
    0|0
  • No you can say something

2|0
    0|0
  • Simple answer... Yes

0|0
    0|0
  • For one and half month if daily you are spending enough quality time together then I think you can go ahead.
    Though it depends on you how you utilize this Time. :-)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's not too early if it's official relationship status

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes