Am I too early to tell my family about my new boyfriend?

I've been dating this guy for about a month and a half now, and everything went great. He is the first guy who seems to be very committed and serious in our relationship, and I am, admittedly and embarrassingly, deeply in love with him as well. I told my family about him, before realizing that this may be a big mistake - Is it too early for me to tell my family about him? Thoughts?

221

Most Helpful Guy

• It's never "too early" to share something you are excited about (relationship or otherwise) with those you care about.

Involving others actually makes the entire process so much more rewarding!

Now, to caveat, I could see if one had a history of perpetual bad choices how that could be considered "too early."

But without more information, I'm going to assume the best!

So heck yeah! Share your life with others! That's what life is about! :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no set rule to follow or standard process in relationships. Each relationship is different in regard to your family and your significant other. If you are close to your family and you feel your boyfriend is serious as you say you are then I don't see any harm in telling your family. Just know by telling your family about him doesn't mean they have to meet him or need to know everything about him. Go with what is natural and comfortable for you and you boyfriend. Best of luck :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE