Why doesn’t my boyfriend want to meet my family/let me meet his?

We have been together 1.5 years. His family knows of me, and they always ask when they can meet me. My mom would also really like to meet my boyfriend. She always asks me “when do i get to meet him? Why doesn’t he want to come around and meet me?”

My boyfriend told me, in his culture (he’s Latino) that meeting parents means something more than dating and being bf/gf... but his sister, she brought around her boyfriend and they are just dating/bf/gf too.

It’s getting really frustrating for me. And i have brought it up to him. He’s also told me he’s had bad experiences meeting parents. But, that’s because one of them thought he was their daughter’s dealer (which he wasn’t he doesn’t do drugs!!) anyways, I’m not sure what else to do. I also don’t want it to be forced. But, i feel 1.5 years is a long time :/

12