Do guys like being admired by their girlfriends?

I have heard from people that guys like girls who are hard to get, girls who are challenging and cool - I am NOT one of those girls. I lose my cool very easily when I am with my boyfriend: I would fangirl over his beard, complement him on his jacket, and squeak like a teenage fangirl who just met Justin Bieber (is he still Hot nowadays? idk).
I tried to change that, to become the "cool girl", but it is so hard. My boyfriend seems to enjoy my affection to him, but I can't stop but wonder: Should I also play hard to get sometimes? Should I play it cool and act like I don't care about him sometimes? What do you guys think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think girls like you are awesome. No need to pretend to be someone you're not. If your boyfriend loves your affection then keep it up. I wish I can find a girl like that. Though in a relationship I'd probably prefer if I was the more affection one who gives all the complements and thinks the world about my girl. Girls who play hard to get are the ones I tend to ignore. I hate chasing after girls who make me put in more effort than what is needed. I prefer a girl who doesn't play games and is upfront about what she wants.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Everybody likes it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• You should ALWAYS be yourself, because when you're not, it will lead to unexpected situations and problems. I like when the girls are interested in what I do, or love specific things in me (within healthy limits). What I don't like though, is when the girl has no hobbies or passions of their own, and she wants to be with me all the time and do nothing in particular. That's boring. I like to be admired, but I also like to admire the girl. So develop your hobbies and tastes, and be yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whoever told you that first bit is an idiot. If I have three girls I could date and one acts "challenging" then it's her loss cause I won't be waiting around for her to play coy. You sound way more fun just by being yourself.

0|2
    0|0
  • The hard to get thing is completely false. Let him know exactly how you feel and never stop looking for ways to surprise him and you'll be fine

1|1
    0|0
  • That's a myth. I don't like "hard to get" at all. First sign of disinterest I'm done!

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to get thing works at the beginning to build attraction. Later it's not needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course

0|0
    0|0
  • I like that lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not just by their gfs by anyone in fact.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes