Do guys like being admired by their girlfriends?

I have heard from people that guys like girls who are hard to get, girls who are challenging and cool - I am NOT one of those girls. I lose my cool very easily when I am with my boyfriend: I would fangirl over his beard, complement him on his jacket, and squeak like a teenage fangirl who just met Justin Bieber (is he still Hot nowadays? idk).
I tried to change that, to become the "cool girl", but it is so hard. My boyfriend seems to enjoy my affection to him, but I can't stop but wonder: Should I also play hard to get sometimes? Should I play it cool and act like I don't care about him sometimes? What do you guys think?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I think girls like you are awesome. No need to pretend to be someone you're not. If your boyfriend loves your affection then keep it up. I wish I can find a girl like that. Though in a relationship I'd probably prefer if I was the more affection one who gives all the complements and thinks the world about my girl. Girls who play hard to get are the ones I tend to ignore. I hate chasing after girls who make me put in more effort than what is needed. I prefer a girl who doesn't play games and is upfront about what she wants.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everybody likes it.