What does a guy mean "we'll talk" after a first date instead asking for a second date?

We had an amazing first date! He picked me up, he spoiled me with an amazing dinner and desserts after. We had great conversations and laughs. He had back up plans for our first date, but went with the first one. We spent about almost 5 hours together. On the way taking me back home, he mentioned we should try this place together or go tour our local city twice. He ended it saying he had a lot of fun, said "we'll talk" and hugged me. He sent me a text right after that he had a lot of fun and the kind of fun he haven't had in a while. He hoped I did too. He texted me good morning the next day.. I told him later the day that I confess I couldn't stop thinking about the night before bc I had sucha good time, I didn't want it to end. He'd told me how he wished it was a Friday so we wouldn't had time limit due to work and he also had a load of fun.. and it made him smile reading my text. BUT he slowly fade his texts after that... he didn't text me good morning the next day... I ended up greeting first and he didn't even greet me.. but replied with a "Hey! -- (insert the rest of his text on what he was doing and asked what I was up to)" ._. and now he didn't text me at night... well he double msged me on something he was trying to fix and just got it done.. and I kept my texts neutral because I feel like he's no longer working for me nor did he ask me officially on a second date.

What am I doing wrong? :/ Is he losing interest because he thinks he got me already? He's talking to others? sighs.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Men tend to be a lot more career focused than women (in general, because they are pressured to be so from society), so I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He told you that he was working on something that needs to be fixed, right? Is he a business owner? Most people don't actually realize that a business owner, especially for a small business, has a ton of work to do every day, and that if employees have anything come up, eventually he will need to deal with that situation. I mean, yeah it sucks, but once he gets a good enough staff he will be able to relax some, which is business owner for an eight hour day instead of a twelve hour day.

Or if he isn't, his boss could have been really upset about something and took it out on him.

I mean, obviously I don't know that guy personally, so you should talk to him about it, but I just don't want you to think the worst automatically.

Also, no one likes to be accused, so watch how it's worded. Make yourself or the SITUATION the subject of the question, not him, i. e., "Are you losing interest?" vs. "Is everything OK? I've enjoyed this conversation so far" or "I hope all is well. Work can be such a drag". I wouldn't recommend those exact phrases though, but you get the idea; people get defensive around the word "you".

Most Helpful Girl

• it means he will decide to have a second date after talking to you for a while.

• No... it means he don't want to b in that relationship or continue further but as could not b able to say it directly he said " we will talk"

• @saurabh0004 wait... it means, he don't wanna be with me nor go on a second date? Why would he even suggest hints on seeing me then? or still text me right after how much fun he had then? ._.

• See... texting doesn't mean that someone is suitable to date with... after frst date he mit hv found u unsuitable for future relationship.. but might like ur care or any other natural behavior.. but despite look... and that's what made him to decide not to date.. but talk... so that it automatically loosen the bond instead of deepening relationship.