Guys, If a woman politely insists on paying for her own meal on a first date, what does that make you think?

Guys, If a woman politely insists on paying for her own meal on a first date, what does that make you think?
  • She's not into me and doesn't want me to pay for her
    Vote A
  • She's got control issues and doesn't want me to pay for her
    Vote B
  • Great, I never have to pay for anything now!
    Vote C
  • She's being considerate but I kind of wish she'd let me pay
    Vote D
  • She's a true gem, an equal partner in relationships
    Vote E
  • I wish she'd paid for mine, too
    Vote F
  • See results
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had it happen. I don't read too much into it. Most women who do that have a fairly decent job and for whatever reason they want to pay for their own. Heck, I've even had women pay for mine also... LOL I'd rather they not pay for MINE but I've had them do it!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I'd rather she politely insist on paying for what she ate than expect me to pay for everything. I have no problem paying for her, but if she wants to go to dinner with me, and she chooses where, if she chooses an expensive place that is a red flag. If she chooses a fancy place and insists on paying her own way, she's showing maturity, independence, and financial security.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree going forward it should be the guys on majority although flip flops show significant factors on ethics, values, and considerations.

• I would just shrug my shoulders and say, Meh, whatever, that's fine. I would not judge as I can understand no one wants that pressure being "owed" something in return.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could one or more of the choices that you have listed.

1|0
    0|0
  • finally a woman that doesn't chery pick her grades of emancipation :) either you try to pay for yourself on the first date or you should expect to be sent to the kitchen to make sandwitches... choose your poison ^^

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably assume she’s acting chill about guys paying for dates but you can never trust that, so not that I want to pay but I think it’s necessary because a girl might have problem if you don’t.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your list of answers was fabulous but I still needed to select two or three answers. All positive of course

1|0
    0|0
  • It means I get to keep my money. Though it might have some kind of psychological reason behind it, it could be anything

1|0
    0|0
  • Either two things that will be proven later on
    1. She didn't like the date and doesn't want me thinking she's obligated to do anything later
    2. She wants to have equal footing

1|0
    0|0
  • I love paying for girls that don't expect to be paid for. I'd offer and if she says no, I'd leave it at that, the gesture alone of not expecting me to pay for her speaks volumes.

1|0
    0|0
  • A mix of D and E for me. I also think she doesn't want to have to owe me anything (conversation, sex, another date).

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd have a whole new respect for her just for wanting to pay, but I'd insist that she'd let me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll be a little offened and think there won't be a second date.

1|1
    0|1
  • She's a true gem, an equal partner in relationships.

1|0
    0|0
  • Makes me think I screwed up, but I'm old fashion when it comes to dating

2|0
    0|0
  • No she has to pay for her meal and I'll pay for my own

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly i wouldn't think much of it. I'd just be like hey more money in my pocket.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely E

1|0
    0|0
  • Thinking it's not a real date, to me

1|1
    0|0
  • Ill still pay but she's a keeper

1|0
    0|0
  • She is self dependent