Native English speakers, will it bother you if your date is bad at speaking English and has an accent?

you like her but then you discover that she is not good at speaking English
will it bother you if she had an accent
^what if she understands English very well

(im very insecure about it)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Language is for communication. As long as we can communicate and understand each other, that's all that matters. She doesn't need to have perfect English. It doesn't even have to be close to perfect. As long as she can form enough words so I understand her, that's fine.

Accents are not a negative. They can be very attractive and sexy.

By the way, your written English is fine. If you said you were a native speaker, I'd believe it. It's actually better than many native speakers.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care as long as I can understand what he means.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• No, it wouldn't bother me. I have an accent in the other languages I speak. I'd also make an effort to speak her language if it's one of those I know.

If a suy likes you, he won't let something like that bother him, even if it normally would if others do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Psycologically genetical diffrance is hot, thus we are attracted to the "exotic". It is more likely to help you then harm you. Most guys like any chanse do do something for you, so letting him help you if you struggle a lot (you didn't specify) is a great way to make him feel like he is good at something, and a good oppertunity to bond. I believe in you!

0|0
    0|0
  • At times I have to have her repeat herself if I don't fully understand her, but I grew up among, and dated, a larghely Asian immigrant population, so no problem. In fact, I always remember her English was and is better than my Mandarin or Korean or Vietnamese.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she understands English completely and had trouble annunciating words correctly it wouldn't be that hard to have a conversation so it wouldn't bother me. I'd probably try to learn her first language just for fun though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with SOME accents. Others just annoy me.

I'm good if they understand English and stuff. One gal I hung out with was constantly asking me what words mean. That was a chore.

0|0
    0|0
  • No big deal! You have more to offer than good English speaking skills, but somepeople may be frustrated with the communication barrier. Just move on until you find someone who can handle it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It has not bothered me.
    Fine points of communication during the mating dance can become a problem, but I did not find that to be a big problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would if that were the only language she knew. If not, that would make her far more appealing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think so. Only if we couldn't communicate with each other would it be an issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think accents are amazing! I wouldn't mind at all! Especially sense it would be fun to help them learn English!

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• As long as your accent is not too thick, I don't think that would pose a problem.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes