What are reasons men won't approach women?

Obvious ones are they don't find them attractive or are shy but I mean I've never not even once been approached.

I see girls being approached all the time and I'm quite envious.

137

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't approach co-workers because it could give me a trip to HR.

A lot of guys approach women because they don't believe women want to be approached in a lot of places. I've only heard women complain about being approached, even in respectful ways. I've never heard anyone really say anything positive about a man they weren't interested in them approaching. This mixed with a society what's trying make unwanted approaches/attention a form of sexual harassment, leaves men cautious about approaching. Woman who doesn't seem to be showing interest, or giving signs of wanting to be approached.

This point goes off the last one but if a guy feels you're not interested in him then he's not likely to ask you out. Most men go through life not feeling invisible to women. This mixed with the last point would lead a guy not to approach. Women who give mixed signals are bound not to be approached as much. If a guy feels a woman is leading him on he won't approach. I've been lead on in the past. Everyone though the girl was into me, I thought the same and asked her out only to find out she wasn't, that it was either a joke, Or she was just flirty, or she was just trying to get something from me. This has happened a bit. Sk I'm a bit on the cautious end when a woman flirts because it's embarrassing and humiliating.

Being in university there have been times when I've been busy so I didn't have the time to approach a girl at the moment and just never ran into her again. Other times I didn't approach a girl because I had a pretty busy schedule and just didn't have time to date. I'm also broke, most of my time goes towards university and the little bit of money I make goes towards tutoring in my spare time. Once I graduate and have a full time job I may approach more. Can't take a girl on a date with no money.

The odd occassion I go to a bar it's mainly to catch up and hang out with friends and not approach women. If I happen to meet a woman when there great if not, well that wasn't the intended purpose of being there anyways.

Some men just like being single. They save more money, and have more time to spend on their lives when single. This is kind of what I want to do for a while. Just work on myself before dating,

So these are the reasons why I've rarly approached in the past, didn't approach a specific woman and why I don't approach my now.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I want to just throw out there a lot of guys are open to being approached. So if you like a guy feel free to approach him.

• Good point. All I ever seem to hear from girls I know are things like "So I was at the store today and this really creepy guy was trying to talk to me..."
      I take that to mean the fact he was trying to talk to you was creepy, not that every guy you ever run into is a creep, considering how rarely I meet them.

And yes for the record everyone, there are guys out there who are totally open to being approached, and would probably be thrilled about it, since it happens about as often as getting an unsolicited message on a dating site, which is to say never.

• @Kithor i agree not every guy approaching a girl is a creep though at times it's subjective. I was at a bar with some friends (male and female), and I guy sent a drink over to a girl at the next table (the waitress brought the drink to the girl). That girl started talking to us about how she found it creepy. I didn't really see how. I also know that not every girl who gets a drink brought to her finds it creepy. I also know that there are a lot of genuinely creepy guys out there and I get that (guys that are sleazy and don't respect boundaries and don't take no for an answer).

Most Helpful Girl

• Too good for him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE