Can I get some advice?

I was dating this guy for about a month, and things were going really well we really liked each other. One day he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship and that he's struggling to find himself, and that I deserve better. He said we went to fast, and need to get to know each other more but maybe "in the future". I'm really confused because we still text every day and talk at school, and he told me he wants to be close friends.
He told me nothing is my fault, he's just a mess. I expressed that I was hurt and he told me he felt horrible for it. Even after we broke up he told me I was perfect and in the breakup (it was over text) he told me I was beautiful and that he didn't want to do this, and he included a heart emoji telling me he was really sorry. Does this mean he still has feelings for me? I'm stuck on the whole "maybe we have a future" part and I need some advice on how to deal with it.
I had posted on snapchat a quote saying I felt empty and sad and he slid up and asked if I was ok. He told me he doesn't want to push me out of his life, and its all just really confusing. He still texts me first randomly as well, and he tells me he wants me to be happy and that's all that matters.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• There are really only two ways this will work out. Your actions will decide which.

Option A:
    You accept his offer of friendship and cling to irrational hope that he's going to change his mind and come running back to you if you just hold on long enough and let him "find himself." You'll remain single because you can't have him back if you're not available. You'll follow him like a puppy until he tells you he's decided to move on, or he will just get into a relationship without telling you and let you find out on your own. This is a long, lonely, painful option. But it ends up being the option humans instinctively choose because false hope can partially fill the void of a broken heart.

Option B:
    You tell him you want a relationship with him but you understand that he does not. You tell him that you think it would be too painful for you to keep seeing eachother as just friends. Tell him you hope he finds what he's looking for and that if he changes his mind he should call you. Then you move on. Don't post about how lonely you are on social media hoping he's thing to see it and take you back out of pity. Change your status to single and take down his pictures. From that day forward don't contact him for any reason. Then start moving on. When he calls back you can decide if you want him back or not. If he doesn't, you're already ahead of the game.

I wish you the best of luck on your endeavor into option A.