What to do if he says he’ll call and he didn’t?

I’ve been dating a guy since July. In general things are good but one pet peeve I have is every now and then he says he’ll call me and he doesn’t. Usually he will text to say why he couldn’t but every now and then he doesn’t and it annoys me. Today he told me around 3pm he’d contact me after he ran an errand and I still haven’t heard from him. Our pattern is usually he calls me during the day and I text him around 9pm. I feel like I should be the bigger person and just assume he got busy and text at 9pm but do I bring up the fact I didn’t hear from him earlier?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• There are two things to consider here. One, in today's day and age with cell phones, people rarely put enough effort to text or call when they said they would. People are very busy and such and are easily distracted. Secondly, do we wait for these kinds of people or do we just step up and call first? Relationships are a two person endeavor so you either state that it bothers you or you give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he doesn't realize that such a thing is bothersome. If it is a major thing then he needs to know. It's either a slip of mind for him or his position in the relationship isn't what you think it is.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• He’s probably just really bad about calling or texting. Some guys will say they will call or text and then forget accidentally. There is a chance that happened so if you have been dating him and seeing him regularly I would just text him and see how his day went.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE