How long do you need to be dating someone before you can call it a relationship?

Or how long before you can call someone your girlfriend or boyfriend?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its very complicated these days,
    A month of knowing each other or a week can work for some,
    While some keep having sex for years with other but they aren't partners because its just sex and no emotional connection.

I'm a bit old school and in my opinion its a relationship when the two individuals are exclusively interested in each other, loyal to each other and genuinely attracted to each other as individuals rather than just sexually.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You should always start dating a person that you want a a long relationship with. It should always be a relationship.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• This is to answer your earlier question, "When insecurities rage out of control. How to reel it back in?"

I think you should take any opportunity for you to be away from him, like going on a trip or keeping yourself busy. In times like these, you need some time for yourself, so you can think clearly about it and assess it using your reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Month or two. Close to when you are about to have sex or maybe after the first few times. If no sex until marriage, then I suppose the convo could happen around the same time frame.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if you have sex on the first date and then spend almost every day together?

• I'd still stay a month or at least enough time to get to know each other. Sex too early sometimes is an obstacle to getting to know one another since then lust is involved. If you already know one another as friends, then less than a few weeks I suppose.

• When you both agree your exclusive, that's when it's a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you both agree it's one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. After spending some time together, 3-4 dates I would say.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• My current boyfriend asked me after 2 months of dating
    But I think it’s different for everyone

0|0
    0|0
  • 5years

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes