Why he blocked my number?

i was talking and texting this guy for almost 5 months and eventually we went on a date, it went very well and he texted me the same night and day after and said we should hang out more , blah blah..
anyway, then two days later he was kinda cold and was not that much engage to text me back, but my mistake, i end poi eventually go to his place and we slept together , i left at midnight and he texted me good night and the next day he texted me, but again he was not that much into it, i guess and then i kinda was so mad so the next day when he didn't text , i blocked his number and his instagram. i was very mad and didn't want to do anything with him. but then i cool down abit and tried to text him like 2 days after but my text didn't go through. he blocked me. i am not sure why? did he blocked me before i did or after. i just need to know why he did that. also i can still add him on insta, do you think it is good idea or not. please help me,

02