Do you have a dating preference?

Do you guys find yourselves seeing your own race as most attractive or another race? Does race/ethnicity matter at all?

422

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in the USA in Southern California, which is a diverse area ethnically.

For me it is about culture more than race, so I've been into and dated many ethnicities.

There is no ethnic group that I would say an absolute "no" to dating; I'm not a stereotyping racist

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I also live in an ethnically diverse area that doesn't mean that you can't develop preferences. I was mainly curious about how people feel about people of their same ethnic background as opposed to another background.

• You will be surprised how often people see someone if said ethnicity, and make sweeping generating statements about that person's personality and character.

As a black American that has lived in the USA his whole life, I can personally tell u this has happened to me before. Some ponder me and think of every stereotype the media portrays about black men, before even getting to know me for even a few minutes!

• Well as an afro- Latina I definitely know what your talking about. When it comes to dating, those are clearly the people to stay away from. Too bad it isn't possible to stay away from these people for daily living purposes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm biracial but I would honestly date any race/ethnicity. Because anyone from any ethnicity can be attractive in my eyes. However, I'm still more attracted to white guys for example than other races. But I'd still date someone no matter their race.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE