Do you have a dating preference?

Do you guys find yourselves seeing your own race as most attractive or another race? Does race/ethnicity matter at all?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in the USA in Southern California, which is a diverse area ethnically.

For me it is about culture more than race, so I've been into and dated many ethnicities.

There is no ethnic group that I would say an absolute "no" to dating; I'm not a stereotyping racist

0|1
    0|0
    • I also live in an ethnically diverse area that doesn't mean that you can't develop preferences. I was mainly curious about how people feel about people of their same ethnic background as opposed to another background.

• Show All
    • You will be surprised how often people see someone if said ethnicity, and make sweeping generating statements about that person's personality and character.

As a black American that has lived in the USA his whole life, I can personally tell u this has happened to me before. Some ponder me and think of every stereotype the media portrays about black men, before even getting to know me for even a few minutes!

• Well as an afro- Latina I definitely know what your talking about. When it comes to dating, those are clearly the people to stay away from. Too bad it isn't possible to stay away from these people for daily living purposes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm biracial but I would honestly date any race/ethnicity. Because anyone from any ethnicity can be attractive in my eyes. However, I'm still more attracted to white guys for example than other races. But I'd still date someone no matter their race.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• It really depends, cuz every race is different. For example, Korean girls tend to have eyes, and small faces with pronounced jawlines. White girls are normally the stereotype, and everything just depends on preference.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it definitely matters even though it's taboo to say so. It's hard to be with people who don't share your culture especially if you are deeply engrained in your own.

Personally I don't mind dating most races but some I'm not attracted to as much overall. I don't see myself having to be with someone of my ethnicity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Preference comes down to personality for me. A physical appearance limits too much, and may change over time anyway. Racial preference is out the window, so much as that they can internally keep up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a biracial product, I am not a very choosy person. I've dated most of the various races. In the end, it's what the heart desires, and what her life goals are. There are different cultures in everyone to explore.
    I'm not dark like an African, nor as pale as a Caucasian. I'm the best of both worlds~

0|0
    0|0
  • I find my own race attractive because of the similar upbringing can be relatable and possibly more likely to share the same views because of it, but when it comes down to it, I actually haven't dated someone the same race as my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, id say i see my own race as the most attractive but if the girls got the right qualities then id go out with her regardless of race.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm only attracted to white or Asian girls. But in the long run I want white kids so they look like me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a white guy, but I've never been able to attract white girls, so I've just become more interested in Asian and Indian girls, since they give me the time of day.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not sure why but that was very funny.

• Show All
    • Why do you think that they don't want you and why are the Asian girls interested in you?

• I never could figure it out.

• Asian-American women. All 3 exes have been Asian-American. I am a tall white man for comparison.

0|0
    0|0
  • My own race I’ve dated outside mine not really a fan of it to be honest too many problems and I believe in preserving my race

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Nope! Anyone can be attractive to me. I do find myself attracted mostly to Hispanics and white guys though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have so many things i look for in a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I like the person race does not change things for me. We are all human.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes