Any tips when your boyfriend/girlfriend has moved away?

My very new boyfriend is moving a few hours away in a couple of weeks and Im having a hard time not pulling away, being more somber when we are together to prepare myself-- to not get to see him everyday anymore or if he decides to pull away etc

Im not sure how to handle this--any tips?
Updates:
"pulling away" as in not being as engaged in the conversation or light hearted as i used to be when around him (It isn't intentional it just sort of seeps into my mood...)
looking for tips on how to make this an easier transition or how to keep the relationship 'strong' despite the distance

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Pulling away in what sense?

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • "pulling away" as in not being as engaged in the conversation or light hearted as i used to be when around him (It isn't intentional it just sort of seeps into my mood...)

• Show All
    • Turn of the WiFi/data
      Find a secluded spot
      Think about the questions I mentioned and allied questions that you can think of
      Note the answers
      And be honest to yourself because this is a huge thing
      Let's see what answers you come up with and we'll take it from there

• Thanks for the MHO
      Happy new year
      How are things with you?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Do you think you might be protecting yourself from him leaving?

1|0
    0|0
    • yea i think you're right-thats a good insight. I just don't want to get hurt if he pulls away when he moves i guess?

• You may not be able to avoid the pain of loss when he leaves, but do you think you can enjoy time with him now by being honest with him and yourself?

• dang super trueeee. I want to be happy when we are together, I am just havin a hard time bc its sort of looming ahead. i think i just have to tell him what I'm thinking so i don't feel so isolated from him- thanks!

• This is a bad sign

1|0
    0|0
  • Webcam Sex

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• keep yuorself busy, let him miss you. be happy an flirty when you two talk. give him something, new and exciting to talk about, such as your new intrest.
    how often can you two see ea. other?

i am in a ldr... its hard, we are 9 hrs. apart... we love it when we meet...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes